We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Intermatic CA9000 motion detector  (Read 66743 times)

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
Re: Intermatic CA9000 motion detector
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 01:42:02 am »
I can confirm that Hawking HRDS1 sensor works fine with the new firmware.

As of HomeSeer HSM100 - it worked fine first for the motion detection, but then I needed to change the batteries and now it stays always in the tripped state. Do I need to completely remove it and re-add every time I replace batteries? Update: I don't seem to need to re-add it again, but it stays tripped for a very long time - 20-30 minutes. Is it correct?

BTW, how are the other 2 sensors can be monitored? I don't see any temperature/brightness values anywhere...
And what happened with the 4th sensor - the battery level? :) It's not that important, but still nice to have...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:06:06 pm by denix »
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2008, 02:29:50 pm »
The temp/light/battery level didn't make it into the 423.  The underlying logic is there, it's just putting them on the UI.  So that will be done very soon.

As far as the duration of the trip...  This is a problem with the HWM100.  We're going to try to tighten up this interaction for the next release.

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2008, 03:07:32 pm »
Thanks! Will there be event types to assign brightness/temperature/battery levels to?

I.e. if the brightness level drops below 25%, turn on nearby lights...
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline Chimpware

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 08:08:41 am »
Any update on this, can you access all 4 readings now on HSM100 (Motion, Light, Temp and Battery)?

Offline jdeuel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2009, 02:48:34 pm »
Is there any chance we'll see a fix for the CA9000 at some point?  I'm sitting on two that I bought while my Vera was enroute.  I need quite a few motion sensors, and I want to do it right-what's my best option if the Intermatics are a lost cause?

Offline kaldoon

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 06:37:54 am »
Do you need only motion are do want all functions -  Motion, Illumination and Temperature for places where I only need motion I use the ZIR000 - it's rock-solid and the battery last a year. If I want all the functions I use the HSM100 - batteries last 2 to 3 months  - it's a good sensor - gets stuck every once in a while.

Offline jdeuel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2009, 02:44:26 pm »
For my current applications, reliable motion is all I need.  The other functions would be nice, but not critical right now.  I'll look into the ZIR.  Any source recommendations?  Thanks!

Offline micasaverde

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2009, 11:05:22 pm »
You can also use a GC-100 and any regular old-fashioned security sensor wired to the ttl inputs.  That's even more reliable because it's all hardwired over ethernet.

Offline mrFicha

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2010, 09:16:58 am »
hello

does anybody know how to get temperature and brightness values from this EZmotion - 3-in-1 when the motion is triggered. by default this values possible to get only during 5 min (min).
in homeseer this properties avilable. so i would like to know wich command i can use to set this mode.

Thanks

Offline csherwood999

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 06:33:08 am »
For what it's worth, the new Vera firmware upgrade combined with the zwave upgrade has apparently made the ca9000 start to work as intended.  I have a scene setup to turn on 2 lights in my basement when the alarm sensor is tripped.  I just received my sensor tonight and fiddled with it for a couple of hours with no luck.  I ran across the upgrade beta while I was searching for how to configure the sensor.  I noticed that they had made significant improvements in the beta firmware updates, so I decided to go ahead and apply those.  I followed the links supplied from the micasverde forum (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=6335.0)....and voila the motion sensor events started firing off the scenes as they should have been doing from the start.  So it appears that the article regarding the "limited functionality" of the ca9000 http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Supported_Hardware#Sensors is now obsolete.  Yay for micasaverde!  Thanks guys!

Offline brian

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 03:39:05 pm »
Recently purchased this Motion Detector and while the Beta firmware allows it to be added to Vera it does not function properly.

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2011, 08:56:25 pm »
Got this, got it to pair, but the directions are vague.  

It says: "press the activator button to enable and disable the sensor".  I think it is in OFF mode when the red LED blinks every couple of seconds.  No LED blink, and it's in ON mode?  I

Then it says: " Set the mode selector switch to desired mode.  pulse, 5 min delay, 10 min delay, 15 min delay, or manual off mode."  However, there are no diagrams of the switch or labels on the slider switch, so I don't know which setting is which mode.  

From left to right with switch on the bottom (upright orientation), left most position seems to be the shortest.  My test scene light turns on fine with motion, then back off in a few seconds with no motion.   I guess this is pulse mode.  Then the other modes in order left to right, incrementing the delay.  

What is "manual off mode"?  It never sends an off signal?

update:  This thing works to trigger my scenes just fine so far.  Battery strength shows up.  Looks like it will do the basics for me.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 09:04:43 pm by Intrepid »

Offline metricowl

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2011, 01:52:22 pm »
I bought two of these CA9000 I was able to pair them with Vera2 and the new firmware but they are not working. The only way I can get a scene to run is if I press the activation button on the front of the sensor a couple of times it will fire off the scene and change the status image on the detector but it never goes back. Does anyone have any additional info to get these working?

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2011, 03:06:29 pm »
Does anyone have any additional info to get these working?

The instructions for operation are very unclear.  "On" mode is apparently when the LED does not blink (if it blinks, it is off).  I set the slider to the second notch from the left (slider on bottom, upright orientation) which is apparently 5 minute delay.   Motion triggers the sensor, and after 5 minutes if there is no more motion it goes off.

Mine are working fine.  I mounted them outside in covered areas and they seem rock-solid and very sensitive.

Offline csherwood999

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 07:23:24 am »
Here's my "instructions" via amazon.com CA9000 review.

I use a vera 2 controller. There are a lot of reports out there that say it doesn't work with vera or it works with very limited functionality. As of yesterday, any vera 2 users can download the beta vera firmware update and the new z-wave firmware update, which resolves all issues with this sensor. I tried pre-patch and I couldn't get it to run a scene. After the patch, the scene's are firing off based on the sensor being tripped perfectly now. Do NOT hesitate to get this motion sensor. If you need/want the temperature monitor in addition to the motion sensor, then get the HSM100 ($80), but just for a motion sensor, you can't beat this. A couple of things to point out:
1) The pulse, 5/10/15 minute setting indicator labels are hidden IN the battery compartment instead of on the outside. Sort of silly placement.
2) Supposedly, the motion sensor will only register activity when set to the 5/10/15 minute setting.  I have both of mine set to pulse and they register movement immediately and send the no-movement immediately instead of a delayed 5/10/15 minute interval.  Works great on pulse.
3) This zwave device MUST be within the 100 ft so that it can stay in contact with the z-wave network. If it is not, then it will burn the batteries quickly trying to constantly poll the network to get a response. So if you see reports that it eats batteries, this is why, no design flaw with the motion sensor. Most motion sensors I hear suffer from this same issue.
4) To me, the light that flashes on the sensor is backwards to my expectations. When the sensor is OFF, then the light flashes, when it's on, it doesn't flash. That threw me for about an hour...lol
5) This motion sensor comes with an adapter port to allow you to hook a generic 12v DC power adapter to it to use in place of the batteries. I actually pulled one from one of my son's toys and it works fine. Must be exactly 5V output though.
6) Scenes DO work now and can be triggered by the tripped event, contrary to prior reports.

As with all Z-wave components, the documentation for this sensor blows chunks. Intermatic should provide complete instructions. The vera 2 controller docs are just as bad, though the best controller for Home Automation by far.