Author Topic: Can Vera receive signals from other computers (e.g., X-10 to Mac to Vera)  (Read 3673 times)

Offline ksquared

I'm setting up a Z-wave network but I do have older X-10 controllers.  I gave up on X-10 as this house and the last are fairly big and reliability was a big problem.  My initial foray test installation of 3 switches has been great, and I should have my Vera soon.

I'm wondering if I could plug the hole in existing Z-wave hardware by using some limited X-10 hardware.  The example I'd like to consider is an X-10 motion sensor.  Since I have other X-10 controllers and a computer interface (specifically, Indigo for the Mac) I'm wondering if I could have X-10 signals received by my Mac and then have the Mac to send a signal (e.g., via e-mail or some network script) to the Vera (e.g., to trigger activation of a specific scene)?

For this to work, I envision it could be done via the web interface (through a micasav server) or directly over the network. 

Do others see potential for these kinds of triggers delivered in this manner.  Administrators...is this possible?

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
Re: Can Vera receive signals from other computers (e.g., X-10 to Mac to Vera)
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 01:04:49 am »
Somewhere on the Wiki it mentions how to call specific functions in Vera through the HTTP calls.
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline micasaverde

Offline ksquared

Re: Can Vera receive signals from other computers (e.g., X-10 to Mac to Vera)
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 10:04:51 pm »
Thanks--this is still a bit over my head at this point (it's been around 25 years since I wrote any code) but I imagine with some more thought I'll figure out how to implement a solution.