We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: AutHomation Info  (Read 77775 times)

Offline myhomeserver

• http://www.MyZwave.net
Re: AutHomation Info
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 02:12:17 pm »
Hey there, thanks for continuing to update this app.  Do you have plans to integrate shortcuts so we can place shortcuts to scenes on the Android desktop like HomeBuddy allows?  This is really the only feature that I miss, and also separate ON/OFF buttons since in many cases my devices don't report back immediately their status, so I have to turn them ON, then OFF if Vera doesn't know the state.

Thanks again for a great app!

MyZWave.net - See Our Z-Wave product Reviews
(formerly MyHomeServer)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2012, 12:24:30 am »
Hey there, thanks for continuing to update this app.  Do you have plans to integrate shortcuts so we can place shortcuts to scenes on the Android desktop like HomeBuddy allows?  This is really the only feature that I miss, and also separate ON/OFF buttons since in many cases my devices don't report back immediately their status, so I have to turn them ON, then OFF if Vera doesn't know the state.

Thanks again for a great app!

Shortcuts are on the list, but will probably not be implemented any time soon. As for the multiple buttons, one for off and one for on, I can add this request. But I would like to know if others would like this as well. It will require a little bit of work.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 10:35:04 am »
I like the toggle buttons.  I'm more interested in a simplified (GoogleTV) interface with the secondary controls (sort/filter) hidden and improved DPad navigation.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 10:50:49 am »
I like the toggle buttons.  I'm more interested in a simplified (GoogleTV) interface with the secondary controls (sort/filter) hidden and improved DPad navigation.

guessed,

Did you load up the current release on the googletv? It should have better navigation and the options are hidden.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2012, 10:52:09 am »
Will pull the latest tonight, was away for a week so might have missed the announcement

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 10:53:28 am »
Should be version 1.3.3. If you go back a page, you can see what it looks like.

- Garrett

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2012, 03:25:55 pm »
Should be version 1.3.3. If you go back a page, you can see what it looks like.

- Garrett
Ok, I fired up 1.3.3 and I'm still having similar DPad navigation issues.  Specifically, my default display is devices, so I'm initially presented with the Global section, and the ALL devices list.

The focus is initially on the ALL element, and clicking the Right arrow should move me to the top of the ALL Devices list, with the first Device highlighted/focused, but instead it moves me to the search/magnifying glass at the top of the UI...

Once I'm here, it's hard to get out again using only the DPad.

I like the static pane display you now have for the lit of Devices, and that you have to Select/OK there in order for the last (4th) pane to become active in order to make a change.

I'm wondering though, real-estate and navigation wise, whether it makes sense to make the display more like the Built-in "TV & Movies" app.  In this app, it displays Rows of categorized movies (All, Comedy, Drama, Family, and so on) As Section headings for the row with a (horizontal) list of the actual Movies beneath.  This list is ~6 movies per row, with a > at the end that puts them into a grid style display (6x3 scrolling) which is very fast to navigate.

You could imagine doing the same for HA devices.  The categories would be either room-centric (All, Living, Family, Bedroom1, etc) or Device Type centric (All, Lights, temperature, Motion, etc) and could have similar scrolling behaviors for a Dense display...  Try it with the DPad to see what I mean.

In your case, the one difference would be to present a transient/pop up dialog-like widget to manipulate the device (lights On/Off, dim levels, alarm arming, etc) instead of a permanent 4th panel display as you have it now.  This could be displayed once the user made their device select, as a dialog like overlay.

Search could also be integrated into this list.  Instead of having the user navigate to the Search button, you could let them start typing any part of a device name, and have the UI auto-filter the list of devices down to the matching set.

Anyhow, just a few thoughts...

Offline chris66

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2012, 08:41:57 am »
Very nice the new interface! One question, with the roller shutter (Fibaro for example), will it be a possibility to manage the aperture from 0% to 100%, I mean with intermediate position, like in the Vera androïd interface? Great job!

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2012, 10:23:16 am »
Chris,

Not sure I follow correctly, but you should be able to control the shades via a slider if supported. Since I do not have any controllable shades, support in the app may be glitchy.

- Garrett

Offline chris66

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2012, 01:18:06 pm »
@Garrett, I don't have a slider now for my shutter in your application, but I do have in the UI5 web interface (0- 100%). The slider appears in the Vera Android application too. But I can live without! ;)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »
Can you send me your lu_sdata so I can have a look? If you have a level value for the shutter, the slider should be made available in the app. Does the slider function in the Vera web interface? This could be a bug in the app. Like I said, window coverings may be a little glitchy in my app as I do not own any and I only had one user provide me their data to add in window covering support. I would like to get this worked out if I can.

- Garrett

Offline chris66

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2012, 04:57:25 pm »
Ok, send you tomorrow. The slider is available in Home Buddy and Vera Mobile.

Offline chris66

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2012, 01:17:36 pm »
@Garrett,  :-[ the lu_sdata, I can find this with WinSCP in a directory that you will provide me? Thanks. ;)

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2012, 09:39:24 pm »
You can retrieve the lu_sdata by going to the following link:

http://ip:3480/data_request?id=lu_sdata

Where ip is the vera ip address. Before you send it off, please go through the data and carefully remove any passwords or sensitive data you might have. You can take the data and put it into a json formatter found here: http://jsonformatter.curiousconcept.com/ to have the data be easily readable. You can than send the data to authomation at garrettpower dot com.

- Garrett

Offline chris66

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2012, 02:16:41 am »
Hello, Garrett,
It works now. Latest version uploaded last night. Now when I click on the roller device I can see the slide. I think before too, but as a dummie, I forgot to click on the device, so I saw only open  and close, thank you anyway, great app!
chris