Author Topic: Popp keypad  (Read 609 times)

Offline drchip

Popp keypad
« on: April 21, 2018, 03:59:56 pm »
Anyone had any luck with the popp keypad? I can include it, but it shows no responds to pin codes entered in the pad, nor press of the bell button.

Offline quack

Re: Popp keypad
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2018, 02:00:56 pm »
I was going to order one.
but will wait for some more feedback on this thread.

where you able to include it on the vera? which one, edge?

thanks

Offline Fanan

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 11:44:27 am »
I?m also interested - but have no keypad myself. I read that it have two modes, Stand alone and Gateway mode. @drchip - how does it work in these two?

Offline andreysunomb

Popp keypad
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 07:20:50 pm »
Thanks for the update.  Does it make a difference whether you enable the lockout from the virtual keypad or your physical keypad?

Offline drchip

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2018, 09:44:29 am »
I am on vera edge. Gave up on the keypad, but retried today after having updated vera firmware to 1.7.3830. Its still not functional as should be expected. It includes as generic device and shows as an on/off device. How ever the icon will now show an alert ?wrong pin entered? if a wrong pin is entered on the physical device. No alart if correct pin entered an its no possible to use in a scene, as only scene possibilities are on/off, which is not possible to controll from pfysical device. I also notice that an alert of ?device untripped? is registered if the bellbutton is pressed.

So it looks like the update of the firmware on vera did something, but that its still not completely compatible.

Offline drchip

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 09:46:49 am »
In stand alone mode i have been able to include a popp strike lock, and it works as expected, but i have kot been able to include other locks is stand alone mode (or rather i can include but the locks dont react as expected).

Offline drchip

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 03:10:02 pm »
Good news. Got it working. Sort of. Using association on the lock (group 2 in the keypad) and changed params 1 to 0 (default 3) and params 5 to 0 (default 1). Dont really know if params 5 did anything, but param 1 was default to 3 and made my lock open and then close immidiately after that. Downside is that the keypad has to be within very short distance of the lock for it to work and it seems like its only every other time that it works.

Setting params and association was a pain. Had to try multiple times for it to set.