We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: 2-Primary's 1-Vera Secondary  (Read 1811 times)

Offline JamesM

2-Primary's 1-Vera Secondary
« on: October 06, 2011, 11:48:19 am »

Random question. I have been struggling (aka the girlfriend) no longer being able to control the lights through our Logitech 890* remote. During the fire sale at RS last Christmas I picked up a few GE z-wave remotes and wanted to know if I could get around the primary issue the 890 has by putting them to work.

When set to secondary mode will Vera recognize multiple primary controllers? If so, I can setup my lights directly to the 890 and the thermostats, locks, and everything else through the GE.

*This is the non pro version so the wiki guide unfortunately does not apply to me.
Vera2- UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | SQ Blaster | 5 ICS Android Tablets - AutHomation | 28x GE 45606 switches  | 2x LFM-20 (Fireplace;Garage Door) | 1x hardwired Everspring SM103-1 |3 NorthQ, 1 Foscam IP cameras | Kwikset Locks | ..Not enough time to program  :'(

Offline JOD

Re: 2-Primary's 1-Vera Secondary
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 04:42:41 pm »
There can only be one primary controller in a network, that said, you could add one primary to another primary (operating on different Z-Wave networks) and create a bridged network.

JOD.

I'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.