Author Topic: crossdomain.xml looking a bit weird?  (Read 2947 times)

Offline waynebrady

crossdomain.xml looking a bit weird?
« on: October 07, 2011, 06:35:30 pm »
I just took a look at the crossdomain.xml file in my Vera under MiOS Developers | Luup Files and found these entries:

<cross-domain-policy><allow-access-from domain="www.dispetcherplus.com.ua"/><allow-access-from domain="dispetcherplus.com.ua"/><allow-access-from domain="www.coolbit.ho.ua"/><allow-access-from domain="coolbit.ho.ua"/><allow-access-from domain="download1.mios.com"/></cross-domain-policy>

Anyone have these? Crossdomain.xml is a policy file that allows certain domains from accessing your IP.

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: crossdomain.xml looking a bit weird?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:37:30 am »
I have them too.

The way I see it, these can only be of use if you are visiting a flash page hosted by coolbit.ho.ua or dispetcherplus.com.ua, and that flash page wants to access a resource on your-vera port 3480 (the UPNP port).

dispetcherplus.com.ua looks like it is a clone of the Joomla! home page as it was in 2008.

coolbit.ho.ua appears to be a forum for fishing, with zero posts in it.

It's probably harmless, and left over from some early experiment by MCV.  I know that they had/have programmers in Eastern Europe.  I'll raise a bug on bugs.micasaverde.com so that they can be removed.  At least then we'll know what they were there for.

All the same, I'm going to remove those entries from my Vera.

Thanks for pointing them out.

Code: [Select]
# pluto-lzo d /etc/cmh-lu/crossdomain.xml.lzo /tmp/crossdomain.xml
# grep -v '\.ua' /tmp/crossdomain.xml > /tmp/crossdomain.xml.new
# pluto-lzo c /tmp/crossdomain.xml.new /etc/cmh-lu/crossdomain.xml.lzo

Edit: Raised as Bug 1906.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 04:41:23 pm by futzle »

Offline micasaverde

Re: crossdomain.xml looking a bit weird?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 11:05:18 am »
Ooops.  Yeah when we did the flash-based UI the coder was in Ukraine.  I'll bet he added them a long time ago and we forgot about them.