Author Topic: New Vera2, Nothing will pair.  (Read 4108 times)

Offline pdxbrit

New Vera2, Nothing will pair.
« on: October 07, 2011, 08:10:38 pm »
Hey Folks,

New to Vera & Z-Wave. Brand new Vera2, it up dated to the latest firmware on first boot. I'm surprised it didn't ship from MiCasa with the latest...

You are running the latest version: 1.1.1245 .
Version    3.20 L:1
Role    Master SIS:NO PRI:YES

I have GE 45605 Receptacle's, GE 45613 3-way dimmers, and a Schlage Link Thermostat, and Schlage Door Locks. Yes, this was a Radioshack discontinued item purchase ;-)

It doesn't seem to matter if I try Full Power discovery, or use the battery pack and manually put Vera into Inclusion mode. I cannot get a single device to pair with Vera.

- I touch the Z-Wave button
- Vera goes into Inclusion mode, and has the steady blinking light.
- I touch the on and off buttons (I've tried both buttons dozens of times).
- The Z-Wave blinking light continues its steady blink, it never flutters.
- I touch the Z-Wave button again, after a period of time the Z-wave light goes solid.
- I reconnect to Dashboard and Vera has found nothing at all.

I've even tried resetting the Z-Wave chip in the menu.

After playing around with this for several hours, I'm more than a bit frustrated. I've got a ticket into Micasa, so I'm hoping for a response tomorrow.

Any ideas? Or do I have a dead unit?

Offline kaldoon

Re: New Vera2, Nothing will pair.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 08:02:25 am »
Did you try deleting/exculding the devices from the network before adding them - have seen a number of devices from the factory already be on a network - this is a good practice to get into. 

Offline pgrover516

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 11:19:40 am »
what is the UI reporting when you try to pair, is it "failed to go into learn mode", or something else? More info is necessary to narrow down possibilities
V1,V2,V3,VLite,Express Controls HSM-100,Intermatic HA20C, HA04C,HA02C,HA09, Leviton VRP15-1LW, VRS15-1LX,Home Manageables HM-TS001,Schlage FE599, Schlage BE369, Cooper RF9500, Aeon Labs Minimote, Schlage TZEMT400AB32MAA+more

Offline davbrow

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 03:47:44 pm »
Hi pdxbrit,

Contact tech support by phone and also set your system to allow them to log in remotely.  I had the same problem recently, and it was because the Vera2 unit was shipped from the factory misconfigured.  Tech support would not tell me exactly what they did to fix it, but I'm pretty sure it was related to the Europe/US mode settings of the Z-Wave chip.  Once the settings were corrected, it works fine.  I discussed with them checking with the factory to resolve it permanently, but it sounds like that did not happen.  That's my best guess for your problem anyway. 

Once they got involved, tech support people were very good at solving my issue.  I expect you will find the same.  Just let them know your location and about my experience.  Good luck.

David

Offline pdxbrit

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 07:29:25 pm »
Thanks for the quick replies folks.

MiCasa logged into the device and now everything is working. They didn't tell me what they did, but I suspect David was spot on with his idea.

I'm all up and running now :-)

Cheers, Mark.

Offline jwiz

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 07:32:37 pm »
I had the same issue when I received my replacement unit last week. I went to program my z-wave devices over the weekend and no luck. Call tech support and they said they ran a couple of scripts on the unit. They also stayed on the phone to verify i could program some of my z-wave device into Vera 2.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 08:34:55 pm »
@davbrow, @pdxbrit, @jwiz,

I'm curious, are you located in Europe or North America?
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline jwiz

Re: Re: New Vera2, Nothing will pair.
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 09:00:12 pm »
I'm in North America

Offline davbrow

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 05:08:35 pm »
@davbrow, @pdxbrit, @jwiz,

I'm curious, are you located in Europe or North America?

NA

Offline willstar

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 09:24:36 pm »
Same "nothing will pair" issue with me, new Vera unit bought in Australia, with lighting modules. USB stick flashes correctly to show connection, but Vera unit just keeps flashign steadily and won't allow pairing at all. Did the "unpair", too, on several units.

Logged with tech support, awaiting them to hopefully log in remotely and fix. Damned time difference between Aus and US!

Offline chemychemy

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 06:06:20 am »
Hello,
Same Issue from Spain, Europe.

I got my Vera working fine. I tried to add new devices and I got that "Failed to Go into Learn Mode"
Tech ticket already submited. Let's see.

UnitModel:Vera2 Version:1.1.1245
UI:4 UILang:es
ZwaveVer:3.20-l1_r2_h148fb0c_n1_s1_is0_o0_si1_rp0_su0_pr0
LocalDateTime:Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:10:30 0200
Best regards.