Author Topic: Sonos - Responsive Voice - "Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed!"  (Read 2035 times)

Offline JohnGiddings

Re: Sonos - Responsive Voice - "Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed!"
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2018, 12:51:55 pm »
Hi

Everything is working for me at the moment.

I?m still running firmware 1.7.3453 on my Vera Plus because I don?t want anything to break.

John

Offline PrincessCleavage

Hi

Everything is working for me at the moment.

I?m still running firmware 1.7.3453 on my Vera Plus because I don?t want anything to break.

John
My tts responsive voice is working again today, not sure if the Vera restart fixed it :-/

Offline JohnGiddings

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 07:09:32 am »
Hi

You were right, something HAS changed and again I think this is on the Responsive Voice side.

I noticed this morning that my morning greeting was cut short.

It looks like the number of characters that can be processed in each section has been shortened.

I have decreased the "cutSize" on line 154 from 1000 to 200. Unfortunately, this has re-introduced the some pauses on long phrases we had when the code was first released, but at least its working again.

I've uploaded the code change again.

Thanks

John

Offline PrincessCleavage

Hi

You were right, something HAS changed and again I think this is on the Responsive Voice side.

It looks like the number of characters that can be processed in each section has been shortened.

I have decreased the "cutSize" on line 154 from 1000 to 200. Unfortunately, this has re-introduced the some pauses on long phrases we had when the code was first released, but at least its working again.

Thanks

John
Thanks John

Offline swfire271

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2018, 11:37:07 am »
First off - thanks for the fix for my TTS - it is working again!! 

Second - could you point me in the direction of finding the info to program TTS to say some of the examples that you quoted below?  I'd love to get some of those working on my system too but not sure how to accomplish it.  Thanks!!

I have the following notifications

Morning Welcome
The 1st time a motion sensor in the hall is tripped, I have a welcome message that includes.
?   The current time
?   The outside temperature
?   The previous days high and low temp, fastest wind speed and rainfall recorded on Netatmo
?   Todays Weather forecast
?   Events in the family Google Calendar

Reminder Messages
Vera reminds us to do events in the google calendar such as
a.   Pick up kids from school
b.   top up water softener with salt once a month
c.   Water the plants
d.   Put the waste or recycling bins out
e.   Check the smoke alarm
f.   etc

Notification that I have safely arrived at work
Informs my wife that I have entered the geofence for work and advises how long the commute time was

Notification I have left work
When I exit the work geofence it advise how long it will take to get home based on the information in the iPhone Locator plugin

Notification when my wife or I are home
If the house isn?t empty and we enter the home geofence, it announces our arrival and travel time if I was returning from work

Welcome home
If the house was empty and either my wife or I come home, it welcomes us and advises where the other person is. It also advises how many times the doorbell rang while the house was empty and confirms the heating has been turned back up.

Announce arrival of friends and family
Everyone who uses my wifi has a static IP address. When Vera pings the device, it announces who has arrived

We have received some post
A motion sensor is attached to the letter box. A push notification is also sent to iphones

When the doorbell rings
A lightwaveRF doorbell signal is picked up by rfxcom when the doorbell rings. A push notification is also triggered from Blue Iris with the picture from the door camera to our iphones

Weather Warnings
When wind speed exceeds a specific value, it warns us, so garden furniture can be moved

Back Door left open and heating on
If the back door is left open for 5 minutes and the heating is on, it warns us and the heating us turned off

Warning if unexpected movement detected
If both my wife and I are outside the home geofence, it warns that we have been notified. A push notification also goes to the iphones

Offline JohnGiddings

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:52 am »
Hi SWFire

All of my TTS has been created using code from other people here on this forum.

I?m away at the moment but if you let me know which example you are interested in, I?ll share my code and explain the plugins I use when I?m home again.

Thanks

John

Offline swfire271

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 10:04:10 pm »
Hi SWFire

I?m away at the moment but if you let me know which example you are interested in, I?ll share my code and explain the plugins I use when I?m home again.

Thanks

John

-I'm interested in how to pull events from a Google calendar and have them say them

-Also interested in the geofence for arriving/leaving work

-Announce arrival of friends and family

These are what interests me the most.  Thanks for your guidance!  Looking forward to implementing some of these cool features to my system  :)

Offline PrincessCleavage

Hi SWFire

Thanks

John
Look like responsive voice is not working again:-/

Offline JohnGiddings

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2018, 04:17:55 pm »
Hi

I?m not home to verify everything is working correctly, but my wife says Responsive is working for us.

Have you tried restarting vera again?

John
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:03:20 pm by JohnGiddings »

Offline swfire271

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 09:53:54 pm »
Mine is still working as of today.  *fingers crossed*

Offline PrincessCleavage

Sonos - Responsive Voice - "Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed!"
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2018, 04:23:28 am »
Hi

I?m not home to verify everything is working correctly, but my wife says Responsive is working for us.

Have you tried restarting vera again?

John
Thanks gents,
It seems when you add a Sonos stereo pair during the setpup process when prompted to press the button on the back of the left unit in the stereo pair you must press the unit that you have configured in the Vera Sonos app (I.p address in my setup) or adjust the I.p address in the Vera Sonos app to mirror the ?left speaker? that you selected during the Sonos stereo pair creation or tts will not work:-/

Offline PrincessCleavage

Would it be difficult to add responsive voice to this app:
http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dlna-cntroller

Offline JohnGiddings

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2018, 03:06:21 pm »
I suspect it?s possible, does that plugin work with Sonos?

I would recommend you open another thread and ask the question, it would best if the original developer made the changes.

Offline PrincessCleavage

Gents Can anyone help with the below please:
what would be the correct addition to the below code to return the volume to 50% after the tts completes?

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1", "Say",
                 {Text="The washing cycle has completed", Language="en", Volume=75},

Offline anthonyris

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2018, 12:22:02 pm »
+1 on many thanks 🙏🏼 to John for the original fix and this update for TTS.

Hi

Thanks

John
Vera3x2, Leviton, GE dimmers, relays and lamp modules, Sonos, Nests...