Author Topic: Sonos - Responsive Voice - "Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed!"  (Read 2207 times)

Offline fyford

Re: Sonos - Responsive Voice - "Sonos: warning: RV TTS: failed!"
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2018, 07:51:54 am »
+1 for having had lots of trouble with this one. Not at home at the min, but I have noticed that it has stopped working for us as well. Will try your fix, hopefully that works.

I've been using it to let us know if the postman opens the porch door, weather (WU plugin) in the mornings etc. but yours are next level John. I'd be interested too in a step though on how you set some of those up. I assume you are using PLEG to sort those out? I've just dipped my toes in PLEG and it seems like it might be the way to go. I'm using Fibraro 3in1 sensors as triggers for most things, but they have all become unresponsive since the last FW update, so I need to get that sorted first....

Looking forward to hearing how you achieved some of these. I'd like to know when the garage door is left open for example, what sensor are you using for your backdoor?

Cheers

Offline PrincessCleavage

Anyone that gets a fright at wee hours of the morning when they say Alexa and she responds with 100% full vocal force ( set too 100% volume from a previously triggered security warning or such and volume didn?t return to previous setting volume setting) can use the below code addition to return volume to xyz setting after tts finish?s

The below returns volume to 50% for device 176 just need to ensure the luup.sleep (milliseconds value) has to be longer than the tts or the volume reduces mid speech
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1", "Say",
                 {Text="The Washing cycle has completed", Language="en", Volume=75},
                 176)
luup.sleep (4000)
luup.call_action('urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RenderingControl', 'SetVolume', {DesiredVolume = 50}, 176)

Credit and thanks goes to Member A-Lurker (creator of the broadlink plugin and others)

Of course use at your own risk as I tweaked it and I am no luup programmer :-)