Author Topic: Vera Concierge is dead?  (Read 1310 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Vera Concierge is dead?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 01:43:47 pm »
autha is for authorizing account info.
authd is for authorizing device info.

NONE of the url looking things in the log will work with a browser ... there is also headers and PUT method info that must also be specified ... can't do that from the browser.

You may have some problem with your account ... Create a new Vera account and move stuff over to it.

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 11:22:57 pm »
@ninkasi, what number of other things is your Pi doing? Your signature says "various scripts for power and weather station", have you created some kind of virtual weather station on it? Also, what model Pi is it?

I ask because I'd like to get Vera Concierge off my PC and onto a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and would ideally also like to run Homebridge on the same Pi in order to resolve Homekit compatibility at the same time, I wonder if it would be too much for the Pi to handle...

I actually have two Pi's - I use them to get the weather off my weather station and upload that to wunderground, host an internal wiki where I save our cooking recipes, grab power usage off our electricity 'smart meter' via a rainforest usb dongle, grab the solar generation info off our solar inverter, and a few other things. I was using one of them to also run ha bridge until that broke when google required a cloud login, so then I tried Vera Concierge on it until I moved that onto my mac mini (it worked fine normally but every now and then I'd need to restart it - just saw a post from Richard that indicates my issue may simply have been due to timing when the Pi rebooted).

My Pi's are older than yours - yours should be more powerful - and frankly I could put everything on just one without an issue (I just ended up with two and split the load over them more for redundancy than performance) so there should be no problem running homebridge and Concierge on the one box.
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome

Offline kirbyb

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2018, 06:36:08 pm »
I 'removed' all my Vera units from my account, and created a new one.  I called Vera support and had them totally delete all my old account, and email.  On my new account, there's a section under 'User Info' that requires you to validate your email.  When I click on that, it times out much the same way as the Concierge access to auth11a does.  I'm now in an email loop with Vera trying to get the email validation fixed.  Hopefully when they get that fixed, the similar request from Concierge will start working (again).

It now appears to be something of a Vera problem with their auth11a server...  Now that I have a 'Vera' function that's not working (email validation), hopefully they can figure out their server problem.

Kirby

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 11:14:57 am »
Do you have some Non ASCII character in your password ?
Just guessing .... but that might cause a problem.

Offline kirbyb

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2018, 03:03:51 pm »
As it turns out, it appears to be a very obscure problem with my router.  Its a Ubituiti EdgeRouter lite.  It seemingly 'swallows' the URL request   If I connect my laptop or Pi to my cell phone AP, it works.  If I swap out the router for a Netgear router, it works.  I've engaged Ubiquiti support, and they're working the problem.

Kirby

Offline ninkasi

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 01:51:29 am »
As it turns out, it appears to be a very obscure problem with my router.  Its a Ubituiti EdgeRouter lite.  It seemingly 'swallows' the URL request   If I connect my laptop or Pi to my cell phone AP, it works.  If I swap out the router for a Netgear router, it works.  I've engaged Ubiquiti support, and they're working the problem.

Kirby

Weird. I actually have one of those and don't have any issues. FWIW Currently running EdgeOSv1.10.0
Code: [Select]
$ show version all                                               
Version:      v1.10.0                                                           
Build ID:     5056246                                                           
Build on:     01/25/18 10:07                                                   
Copyright:    2012-2018 Ubiquiti Networks, Inc.                                 
HW model:     EdgeRouter Lite 3-Port                                           
HW S/N:       nnnnnnnnnnnnn                                                     
Uptime:       15:40:37 up 94 days, 19:13,  1 user,  load average: 0.25, 0.12, 0.

Is it possible that the dns that the ubiquiti is using (in the web interface, via services/dhcp/actions/view details) is different from that your Netgear router or cell phone might use, so it's having issues with resolving server names?
Home Automation veteran. Rolled own, then MisterHouse and X10, now Vera - mysensor arduino and ESP8266 network - zwave lights, locks, switches - milights - yeelights - google home(s) - Broadlink RM - raspberry pi(s) with various scripts for power and weather station - Logitech Harmony - Imperihome