Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.26 (1.7.1028/1.7.3797/1.7.3798/1.7.3799  (Read 13423 times)

Offline anthonyris

Just an FYI that on my VeraPlus, this latest update sets your Net & Wifi setting to ?Automatically Configure?, and turns your Wifi radio on and broadcasting the ?MIOSxxdevicexxx? ssid. Believe this was also true in a recent, earlier update.

FWIW, I do not think it is good practice to turn on Vera?s Wifi without explicit user consent, hopefully the MCV folks can fix that asap.  >:(

Rest of the update uneventful, except I had to reboot Vera via SSH after she became unresponsive - web ui hanging) during firmware update. This is typical, in my experience.

Onward.
.//A.
Vera3x2, Leviton, GE dimmers, relays and lamp modules, Sonos, Nests...

Offline 3rdStng

FWIW, I do not think it is good practice to turn on Vera?s Wifi without explicit user consent, hopefully the MCV folks can fix that asap.  >:(

+1 - I have to turn this off after every update. Granted with the right tools, you could find the wireless, but it would slow the novice people/neighbors down.

Offline RV

+1 - I have to turn this off after every update. Granted with the right tools, you could find the wireless, but it would slow the novice people/neighbors down.
My wifi was off before the upgrade. Just upgraded to 1.7.3831 and it did not turn it on.

The upgrade took about 7 minutes and the only issue I see so far is an Aeon light switch shows as a plug icon.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 07:31:53 pm by RV »

Offline Sammy2

I had a lot of FortrezZ relays fail after the update as well as my Denon AVR Plugin and for a while the Harmony Hub Plugin too. This after having support perform the update due to self installs bricking my unit last update and having to spend 4 hours on a tech support call with the agent from Romania in a remote session on my laptop and a ssh session from there into my VeraPlus to get it going. I do not appreciate that at all.

Offline Maegda

• Customer Care
  • Global Moderator
Hello capjay,

I sent you an email, in case you would need assistance please reply.

Thank you!
Vera Control, Ltd.  Smarter Home Control
support@getvera.com  +1 (866) 966-2272