Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.26 (1.7.1028/1.7.3797/1.7.3798/1.7.3799  (Read 14265 times)

Offline Sammy2

Well.. I guess I'll be holding pat again until Vera gets it together. Why roll f/w that has issues in beta to stable? Fix it in the beta first!

Offline Sammy2

here are the release notes:

https://goo.gl/qz9rLe

Has anyone installed this yet? How'd it go if you did?

I'm a bit leary after the last update fiasco.

BTW, still no updated to the CRAPPY Android App.

https://goo.gl/qz9rLe - Release notes

iOS app with the new watch app is pending approval as we speak.
Android app will be seeded to Beta first, and will be there for a week or so, and if everything goes well it will be published. If you have some specific issues with the Android app, maybe our Customer Care team can try to help, if possible.

Android app is useless in using custom LUA and plugins, like to run my pool through the Jandy plugin, Autelus and the Jandy board, which is RS 432 HTTP commands. I don't use the app, I log in to home.getvera.com in a browser session. All works there but not in the app. CRAPPY implementation. If it works via a browser, either local or on the WAN, it NEEDS to work in the app. I use ImperiHome for most things now due to the poor implementation in the native app.

All that said, how to get in on the beta? This would be the best channel to tell of these shortcomings as I've emailed support and they just point the finger to the app / plugin rather than fixing the app.

Offline rafale77

Upgraded:  current issues
1. Controller is offline now.  can only access via local network
2.  message stating  " cannot write user data- system error - waiting to upload"
3.  cannot enable remote support.

what to do now?

This might actually be a feature... finally running internet/cloud free! :P ;D ;D
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline HSD99

I installed the beta on my test VP system on April 18, and upgraded to the release yesterday. Looking at Settings--->Backup, the unit stopped backups to Vera's cloud on April 26. It had been working normally from April 18th. Anyone else see this?

Offline Tsviper

• Sr. Newbie
2.  message stating  " cannot write user data- system error - waiting to upload"

what to do now?

I had all of these same issues on the last beta and now on this release as well.  All three issues have to do with the internal storage filling up.  I had to contact support and they had to SSH into my unit using my computer via remote and they removed all of the zwave firmware files for other countries to free up enough space to get things working again.  The problem is that for some reason the next day these files reappear (re-download?) automatically and the issue is back.  I ended up removing the DataMine 2 plugin and deleting associated files just to free up more space.  I think these lates firmwares are using significantly more space than previous versions.  Right now I can live without Datamine even though I love having that info.  Other than that everything seems to be working okay.   :-\

Offline Sammy2

I have over 100 devices and some of them are controlled via http commands and plugins etc.

I hope this is solid f/w. I'll wait a little bit longer.

My main Vera Plus is similar to your setup---I'm going to wait a while myself.

Similar setup as well.  Going for it...will keep you guys posted.  Tried the last beta and was not good.  Had to revert back without any ill effects.  So I suppose I can always downgrade again. Crossing my fingers.  ;D

And the verdict is??

Oh, Nevermind! LOL

Offline ccollinscj

• Sr. Newbie
Ran to all of that out of space stuff as well each month I go in an delete the list they gave me.  It is called sloppy code writing or SCRUM sprinting, or Half Ass....take your pick.  I going to create a script in the mean time to throw in a cron job,  until I start my weekend migration project to HA. 

what to do now?

I had all of these same issues on the last beta and now on this release as well.  All three issues have to do with the internal storage filling up.  I had to contact support and they had to SSH into my unit using my computer via remote and they removed all of the zwave firmware files for other countries to free up enough space to get things working again.  The problem is that for some reason the next day these files reappear (re-download?) automatically and the issue is back.  I ended up removing the DataMine 2 plugin and deleting associated files just to free up more space.  I think these lates firmwares are using significantly more space than previous versions.  Right now I can live without Datamine even though I love having that info.  Other than that everything seems to be working okay.   :-\

Offline Tsviper

• Sr. Newbie
So I guess we are no longer able to install both DataMine 2 and AltUI at the same time now with this latest firmware on my Vera Plus.  Too bad we can't permanently remove all the non-US z-wave firmwares as this would create just enough space for this.  If anyone can figure out how to prevent these files from re-appreaing each day that would solve this (at least for now).  Why did they choose to allocate such a small amount of space for plugins and system files in the first place? (~ 8MB?)

Offline keithj69

• Sr. Newbie
Ran to all of that out of space stuff as well each month I go in an delete the list they gave me.  It is called sloppy code writing or SCRUM sprinting, or Half Ass....take your pick.  I going to create a script in the mean time to throw in a cron job,  until I start my weekend migration project to HA. 

what to do now?

Can you share the list?

Offline Sammy2

The Sercom IP Cam App is pre-installed. Take that out as I don't use it nor do I want it.

Offline bobk

Can you share the list?

+1, please

Offline keithj69

• Sr. Newbie
I do not need the list now as i had to reset and restore.  Quick question, why release a firmware that breaks cameras? Actually why release a firmware when you know it will break things that are working?  Guess it is time to upgrade my controller.

Offline Tsviper

• Sr. Newbie
I do not need the list now as i had to reset and restore.  Quick question, why release a firmware that breaks cameras? Actually why release a firmware when you know it will break things that are working?  Guess it is time to upgrade my controller.

Not sure upgrading your controller will help with running out of storage issues like these since all of their controllers since the Edge "feature" a NAND size of 128MB.  Unless you mean moving to a different platform which I contemplate every time something like this happens.  I just haven't found a good alternative.

Offline keithj69

• Sr. Newbie
upgrade means going to homeseer.  They have 1/2 off on software now
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 07:25:37 pm by keithj69 »

Offline Tillsy

Must say I was shocked to see my Vera say this was released this morning.

People were still reporting brand new faults with the beta yesterday - for example stuffed icons.

And yet suddenly it's now finished and ready for use.

Unless it has a fix for the Fibaro issues, which I know it doesn't, then I'm steering clear.