Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.26 (1.7.1028/1.7.3797/1.7.3798/1.7.3799  (Read 13492 times)

Offline unixdork

I was an idiot and upgraded before reading this. Now I cannot access my Vera. I will need to restore tomorrow if I can find the time.

Offline thierman

• Sr. Newbie
Yes, I would avoid this release. It bricked my VeraPlus. Could not ssh via local lan. Although I got SSH login, it wouldn't accept the password written on the back of the box. Also, couldn't enable remote access.

With Support on the line, tried many times to factory reset the box. To no avail... After 3 hours. We RMA'ed the box. However, I tried one more time and managed to get the box going again, and restored from backup.

In case it's a hardware issue, I'll complete the RMA and send back my box, and see if that doesn't improve things. But based on the comments above, it looks like I'm not completely alone on this one.

UPDATE:
After writing this, I noticed that I no longer had any of my Zwave door locks... On further investigation, I no longer had any ZWAVE devices....

In fact, my vera went from  Role: Master SIS: YES PRI: YES, to now Role: Master SIS: NO PRI:YES.

I tried multiple times to restore my zwave network from backup, to no avail.

For me, this might be the nail in the coffin for Vera. If I have to go around and pair all my devices again, I'm going to be switching to Samsung Smartthings, which I've been evaluating, but because of the work to move everything over, I was avoiding changing. But now.... seriously...

I'll give Vera support a call in the morning. but I think I'm reaching the end of my rope...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 02:57:00 am by thierman »

Offline peppemon

I upgraded and everything was gone. I have tried to restore multiple times from different backups, factory reset.
After restore I see all my plugins and scenes, but no zwave at all, all the zwave devices are gone.

I can also see Role: Master SIS: NO PRI: YES

What does it mean?

Offline peppemon

I have one controller that was not upgraded (2 different homes)

In the new firmware (the one where I lost all zwave)
Version: 6.1 L:1
Role: Master SIS: NO PRI: YES

In the Old formware I see
Version: 4.5 L:1
Role: Suc SIS: YES PRI: YES

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
I had support working on my unit to fix other things and I they reverted back to zwave version 4.5. I asked them to re-apply 6.1, since my previous backups from the beta are not working. Overall it's working OK for me, after a couple of problems related to "cannot write user data" that support fixed for me by reflashing the unit.

A friend of mine got very similar problems, and waiting a day fixed them automatically. Maybe it's something related to zwave doing its magic, but open a support case anyway.
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (12), Fibaro FGS 223 (20), Fibaro FGS 222 (5), Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor (2), Fibaro Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), NeoCoolCam PIR (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline rafale77

In the new firmware (the one where I lost all zwave)
Version: 6.1 L:1
Role: Master SIS: NO PRI: YES

I am on 6.1 on the 26b and have not had any of these problems. It is showing yes and yes... So it is definitely due to the zwave firmware but in the vera. What did they do?
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline thierman

• Sr. Newbie
Just got my problem fixed by support. They downgraded both the Zwave chip and software back to the previous version.

While that was happening they got a message from VERA management withdrawing this latest code. I.E. This code is no longer available, as it has too many bugs.

My box is once again working with all the ZWave devices. I'm now back at VeraPlus version 1.7.3532.

So I suspect if your having the same problem I was having you will need to get VeraSupport to downgrade your code, and Zwave chip firmware for you.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 05:43:50 pm by thierman »

Offline kwieto

There is something going on with the backup.
I have a list of backups done extremely frequently, like 6 times per hour.
I also have major issues with controller when I try to remove one of my devices - the z-wave, bluetooth and zigbee controls are going down, and only resetting and restoring from backup saved before upgrade helps.

Offline Jim McGhee

The story so far...
Upgraded to the new firmware and the update failed leaving my VeraPlus in a boot loop. (1.7.3798)
Tried resetting by hitting the reset 6 times in 6 seconds but that didn't work.  Tried many times...
Finally got it to reset to factory using the following html:

http://VeraPlus_IP/cgi-bin/cmh/cmh_reset.sh?reset=all  (use this at your own risk!!!)

Restored from the backup I made just before the firmware upgrade.  MADE SURE TO CHECK THE 'Backup ZWave Network' CHECKBOX.
Everything worked except NONE OF MY ZWAVE DEVICES WERE RESTORED!!!!!

Called customer support and here's the deal (as I understand it)...
The firmware upgrade updates the zwave chip firmware from 3.xx to 6.xx.
Backups made with the 3.xx chip will NOT restore properly with the 6.xx chip firmware installed.
The support person had to
- downgrade the zwave chip to 3.xx
- restore my old backup
- upgrade my zwave chip back to 6.xx

This means any backups you have from before the firmware upgrade WILL NOT RESTORE PROPERLY AFTER THE UPGRADE!!!!
Be sure you make a new backup after a successful upgrade.
If you HAVE TO restore an old backup, you MUST call customer support to get their help.

Unfortunately, 10 minutes after I hung up, the zwave stuff stopped working again  :(
but support is now working on that and should be calling me back any minute.   :)

Hope this might help others understand the current upgrade process and potential problems.

Offline markebby

I am also haveing issues.  I can log into my controller with ssh but web gui does not do anything with any devices when I can get a reset to bring it up.  It is a good thing that I have a SmartThings controller to move my devices over to.

Offline unixdork

Interestingly, my automated and motion activated scenes are still working even though my vera appears to be bricked. I've tried everything in this thread with no luck. Sent a note to tech support and hopefully they can get me fixed up.

Offline Stuart

I cannot seem to find the urls for upgrading.  I did it the other day with my edge and now that I want to upgrade my light -- cannot for the life of me find the urls.   Anyone ?

Offline Tillsy

I cannot seem to find the urls for upgrading.  I did it the other day with my edge and now that I want to upgrade my light -- cannot for the life of me find the urls.   Anyone ?

You sir are a brave man........ or very stupid  ;D :o :-[ :-\

Offline kwieto

Maybe this depends on the controller. I upgraded plus and edge, plus has issues, edge works fine.
In Plus' case the problem is also memory, but not the "operational" but "system" reserved (those folders which have ridiculously small space limit of 10MB). I don't have THAT much plugins or devices and I'm getting about 90% of the limit. When it reached 96%, controller started choking and reporting as offline or not processing data from sensors or switches.

I did full reset (also with issues, it helped to log directly to the controller via its WiFi (strangely I couldn't do it over 2,4G but on 5G it worked) and resetting that way. Then I restored backup done on Beta (Z-wave chip was already upgraded by CC long before beta) and it works since yesterday without issues.

As I see, controller didn't do any automatic backups since that (reported already here by someone else), but that's probably better than non-restorable backups done every couple of minutes, as it was before.

Offline TVA

Hello, tell me how do I get the firmware 1.7.3532? I have my controller after the update does not work. I apologize if not clearly written, I use the Google translator. I've done reset and restore from backup several times, but it still doesn't work like it used to. I've been using Vera Plus for almost 1 year and have always enjoyed and advised it to many, but now I'm very disappointed and don't know how to be. In my house there is no lighting anywhere and other devices.