Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.26 (1.7.1028/1.7.3797/1.7.3798/1.7.3799  (Read 13435 times)

Offline cokeman

Found a bug AGAIN in the "new" firmware (or is the right word BETA) 7.0.26.1

Trying to edit a scene with 20 lines of luup code.

---
Warning

The Lua code attached to this scene seems to be corrupted. This is the recovered code:
---

Nice. now I can't edit my own luup code....  What a joke

Vera 3 in the summerhouse, Vera Plus at home
@Denmark

Offline opel-oleg

• Sr. Newbie
Try it now:  Users & Account Info > Security

Offline rafale77

Upgraded from 26b to 26.01 on my vera plus and I have already seen 2 unexpected Luup Reloads in 24hours (about 12h intervals). I had gone several days without any on the 26b. Will let it settle a little and see if I can get to the bottom of this once I get home.
openLuup (97 devices, 134 scenes, 20 apps) controlling HomeAss + VeraPlus (138 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 205 devices, 20 scenes , 2 app) Bridged to Homekit and Alexa. VeraPlus ExtRooted!

Offline cdodgela

Upgraded my Vera Plus to 1.7.3831 this morning.  Had to restore from backup after and all is good now.  First time I've run into any problem with an upgrade.  It acted like a new install, any devices it did detect had default names, all scenes were gone.  Was worried for a few minutes, restored and back to normal..

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
Upgraded 12 hours ago.

Since vera is unstable. Scenes not firing. Big delays and remote connection not working stable.

And since I am not the only one... vera: please solve it.
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline denix

• Global Moderator
Just upgraded and noticed that my Water Valve (Fortrezz) now shows Open/Close backwards - the status is opposite and buttons do opposite thing! Was always fine before that for years...
Veras (1, 2, 3, Lite, Plus), lots of different Z-Wave modules, Luup plugins and theater/security integration.

Offline BigE-TX

• Sr. Newbie
Just upgraded.  Lost all rooms, all scenes, all apps, cameras, many of the devices.  Had to go back to a restore - not the one pre-update either.  For the moment, things are back.  We'll see if it stays stable.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:51:52 pm by BigE-TX »

Offline tunnus

I was also terrified of hitting that upgrade button on my VeraEdge, but let's see what happens... :o

Update: running on 1.7.3830 now and everything seems to be ok
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:52:37 am by tunnus »

Online kwieto

No troubles on my "testing" Edge and on one of the Plus'es.
The other one waits till I'll be at the location, "just in case".

Offline tomtcom

Other than having to unplug it after 15 minutes, very smooth upgrade. All devices and plugins working. I uploaded the new backups and zwave network backup too just in case.

I like the icons showing plugs for outlets instead of light bulbs, that's a nice touch. UI seems responsive too. I was nervous. :)

Interesting on the Luup device categories page that 3/5 for garage door is lined out but still works for my MyQ interace. I would have assumed that would not work as they added category 32 but it still looks good and I'm not touching it! :)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:31:36 pm by tomtcom »

Offline EricAndRob

Upgraded:  current issues
1. Controller is offline now.  can only access via local network
2.  message stating  " cannot write user data- system error - waiting to upload"
3.  cannot enable remote support.

what to do now?

Mine is doing something similar- Controller is offline when not connected locally, and when I access locally via the app, it says "Controller is busy updating data" at the top in blue.  All of my devices can be manually controlled just fine, but none of my scenes are firing, and no alerts have been logged since the update last night.  I also cannot enable remote support.  I upgraded 5 different VeraPlus boxes via the app last nights, and 4 of them were online perfectly with everything working very quickly.  I have just this one that is not behaving.  Since I did the upgrade via the app, I didn't do a local save/backup of this controller.  How do I either try to revert to an older version of firmware, or maybe try to push this one again since it worked fine on all of my other VeraPlus boxes?  Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Offline EricAndRob

If you did the last upgrade you won't see it since this firmware has a lower release number....lol.  Currently I am on 1.7.3799 so without a link I am stuck.

UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.26.01 (1.7.1030/1.7.3830/1.7.3831/1.7.3832) ▾ May 14, 2018
Last Updated: May 14, 2018 10:03AM PDT

Here is the link for the Vera Plus if it helps...I always just replace the version number and it works.
http://dl.mios.com/firmware/mt7621/mios/release/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3831-en-mios.squashfs

Upgrading mine now...

Update: Well it updated just fine...I did not remove any of my plugins prior to free up space.  After updating the "overlay" partition was 94% full (see screenshot).  Previous firmware was at 98% followed by the "can't write user data" error.  After doing my little trick of replacing the superfluous z-wave firmware files I'm am now at a comfortable 77% full (2nd screenshot).  I'm guessing they reduced the size of the update a little.  Hope this helps someone.  Let you know if I experience any other abnormalities.

Brand new here and finding my way around so my apologies if something I ask should be obvious... my upgrade failed and I'm trying to figure out why.  Maybe it's a space issue.  I could have lots of these unneeded z-wave files on my device and it could be full, althought I didn't see any full error messages.  I see the screen shots you have there, but am unsure how I get to a place in the system to check capacity, let alone delete any files.  I am old enough I remember moving around in DOS, which looks a bit like what the screen shots display, but haven't started messing with anything fancy in here yet.  Sounds like now might be the time to start learning- is there a post that shows how to complete some of these basic steps (check space usage, indentify erroneous files, delete unneeded files, etc.).  Thanks!

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Hello Eric and everyone, encountering similar issues. Indeed, there are some possible storage issues patterns that have been observed and reported to be fixed by next release.
Meanwhile, if you find yourself in a similar situation and your Vera is still accessible or ping-able over the local network, don't hesitate to contact Customer Care ASAP, and they will address this on the spot. Contact details in my signature.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Joenoo

Upgraded and no issues; smooth sailing. Quite surprising actually.
VeraPlus, Vera3, RfxcomE, 4X Greenwave NP310-f, 4x Philips Hue, 3x Aeotec ZW089, 3x ZME WallC-S, 2x ZME 05461, 2x Milight, 3x Fibaro Dimmer 2, 1x Vison ZP3102, 4x Sensative Strip. Mobile: Tasker, AutoVera, Autonotification, Autotools, Autolocation, Homewave.
Vera user since: 2014

Offline Jantang

Upgraded and no issues; smooth sailing. Quite surprising actually.

Likewise... With some trepidation, I just upgraded my VeraPlus from 7.0.25 to 7.0.26.01.  No issues - so far everything is working fine.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:46:53 am by Jantang »