We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.26 (1.7.1028/1.7.3797/1.7.3798/1.7.3799  (Read 18874 times)

Offline markd

Do the release notes say what has changed since the withdrawn beta and previous release?

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
This is interesting... knowing that releases are usually really alphas and betas are more stable than the official releases, I am not too surprised.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Tsviper

• Sr. Newbie
If you did the last upgrade you won't see it since this firmware has a lower release number....lol.  Currently I am on 1.7.3799 so without a link I am stuck.

UI7 ▾ Vera Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.26.01 (1.7.1030/1.7.3830/1.7.3831/1.7.3832) ▾ May 14, 2018
Last Updated: May 14, 2018 10:03AM PDT

Here is the link for the Vera Plus if it helps...I always just replace the version number and it works.
http://dl.mios.com/firmware/mt7621/mios/release/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3831-en-mios.squashfs

Upgrading mine now...

Update: Well it updated just fine...I did not remove any of my plugins prior to free up space.  After updating the "overlay" partition was 94% full (see screenshot).  Previous firmware was at 98% followed by the "can't write user data" error.  After doing my little trick of replacing the superfluous z-wave firmware files I'm am now at a comfortable 77% full (2nd screenshot).  I'm guessing they reduced the size of the update a little.  Hope this helps someone.  Let you know if I experience any other abnormalities.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:58:14 pm by Tsviper »

Offline HSD99

Installed with no issues on the test VP. This system has two Z-Wave devices and ALTUI, DelayLight, and SysMon plug-ins, so it's not heavily loaded. The "disk" was at 74% before the upgrade (no attempt was made to remove surplus files) and is now 70%, so they have cut down the size somewhat.

UPDATE: Storage has dropped to 69%, but there are still 2+ MB of useless Z-Wave .hex files. It would be trivial for the install script to check the region and only install the correct Z-Wave firmware file.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:04:43 pm by HSD99 »

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
Read the release note. It is a 26.01 which is another fix of a booboo catastrophic release.
Not much new besides the new zwave firmware compared to 25 but I think the UI feels much faster just like the beta.

Happy to see this finally:

Fixed issue that affected initial 7.26 updates with regard to third party cameras when digest authentication was used.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Inzax

No, older versions have 1.7.37x this has 1.7.38xx

Yup.  My bad.

But I should be able to upgrade...which I can't.  When I contacted support they said I would NOT get a firmware update because my .3799 although removed, would stand until the NEXT firmware upgrade???  Their words,  "there is not reason to downgrade from .3799 to 3832. "
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 10:09:37 pm by Inzax »
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
No, older versions have 1.7.37x this has 1.7.38xx

Yup.  My bad.

But I should be able to upgrade...which I can't.  When I contacted support they said I would NOT get a firmware update because my .3799 although removed, would stand until the NEXT firmware upgrade???  Their words,  "there is not reason to downgrade from .3799 to 3832. "

This is absurd. If you have cameras on your vera, you do need to upgrade since both the 26b and 26 have a digest authentication bug.

Offline kwieto

Downgrade from 3799 to 3832, hmmm.... I always thought that releases go up with numbers, not down?
Excited what will happen next - will next release get lower number (then what will happen when they reach 0?) or it will be another downgrade with higher number (then how wast will we get to UI1?) ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:21:53 am by Sorin »

Offline Tillsy

It certainly seems that way - I've been researching many more Z-wave devices and, in every single case, I research them in this forums and find posts going back years where even as recently as months ago Vera doesn't fix or even respond to compatibility problems.

I'm actually quite stunned a company would allow itself to be so embarrassed by its own forum like this - this forum is filled with years worth of problems that have got nowhere :(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 09:22:22 am by Sorin »

Offline Inzax

Downgrade from 3799 to 3832, hmmm.... I always thought that releases go up with numbers, not down?
Excited what will happen next - will next release get lower number (then what will happen when they reach 0?) or it will be another downgrade with higher number (then how wast will we get to UI1?) ;)

I'm more and more convinced that Vera's development team is one single underpaid guy. :o

Yes.  My mistake. (as stated above) I was confused since Vera themselves were calling it a downgrade stating "there was no reason for me to downgrade from the pulled firmware the the latest release."
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline opel-oleg

• Sr. Newbie
I updated two verageage. The update takes a little longer.
Do not be frightened by "Offline". After 10 ... 15 everything starts to work.
 No cameras.:)

Offline kwieto

Yes.  My mistake. (as stated above)

I'm not referring to your post, byt that Vera calls it "downgrade".
I don't see this firmware either on 7.0.26 final or beta.

All in all, mistakes happen. but there are too much of them recently and if this won't improve, I'll also take a chance to migrate.
My wife will be angry as it will need probably establishing whole setup from the scratch, but maybe 1 day of work is better than facing issues every couple of months.

Offline kwieto

My Edge reported new firmware available (its running on 7.0.26 now), Both Plus'es (running 7.0.26 beta and final) as well.
I'm upgrading Edge (my test/backup controller) and see what will happen.

Edit: Upgrade for Edge went smooth, I upgraded also one (less important) Plus. After upgrading I've got good old "can't write userdata" error, strange, because when I compared the system storage it was 92% filled before and after the upgrade. I have less memory in kB, OK, but the difference is 12Kb (664k vs 676k before upgrade).
Shouldn't make a difference, is this a sign of new troubles coming?
The funiest part is that this controller (19 physical devices, in 45 total) has bigger amount of system storage used (92%) than the main one (about 50 physical devices 140 in total, system storage used 90%).

I think I'm too dumb to understand this.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:36:02 pm by kwieto »

Offline ccollinscj

• Sr. Newbie
Wow...like facebook they have removed my well constructed response to the heavy handed response to the treatment of the community.  Sensorship.....I did not use any vulgarity, or personally attacked anyone,  they just must of not like the truth. Unreal I am sure they will pull this one as well. 

Offline RichieB

im literally terrified of hitting that update firmware button