Author Topic: ALTHue : Feature Requests  (Read 3375 times)

Offline amg0

• Master Member
Re: ALTHue : Feature Requests
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2018, 05:00:00 pm »
Sorry, forgot to answer that question. It does work when I run it from the Hue app. The app version is 1.3. Just installed it today on an Edge with updated firmware.
sorry but I do not understand. can you please share a screen copy of your Hue device 'Hue Scenes" tab, and show another screen copy of how you try to call the action : RunHueScene(id) which fails so I try to get what you do exactly ?

Offline fullmoonguru

« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2018, 05:30:14 pm »
Attached

Offline Kositch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #182 on: June 12, 2018, 02:30:11 am »
This plugin is so perfect, it works far better then the Vera native one.

I want to ask just few questions:

1) How can I run Hue scenes withing Vera scenes? For example I would like to run hue scene called "polar" when the temperature drops below X degrees on my Netatmo sensor.

2) Is there some way to create Vera shortcut or just simple "virtual" device with on/off trigger to run a specific Hue scene on specific bulb? Something like widget on Philips Hue app.

3) Is it normal, that all hue color bulbs show as simple bulbs on Vera mobile app (iOS)? I cant set color or even intensity of those bulbs on mobile app (see screenshot). White ambiente bulbs shows correctly and I can even set intensity on those bulbs.

Thanks, I would definitely make donation for this plugin!

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #183 on: June 12, 2018, 05:57:35 am »
Attached

I suggest you try to put it in a delayed group of actions like 10s later for now and gradually reduce to 1s  if it works
( doing 2 actions n the same device in the same group may not work that great , not even sure the order is garanteed by vera )

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #184 on: June 12, 2018, 06:02:17 am »
This plugin is so perfect, it works far better then the Vera native one.

I want to ask just few questions:

1) How can I run Hue scenes withing Vera scenes? For example I would like to run hue scene called "polar" when the temperature drops below X degrees on my Netatmo sensor.

2) Is there some way to create Vera shortcut or just simple "virtual" device with on/off trigger to run a specific Hue scene on specific bulb? Something like widget on Philips Hue app.

3) Is it normal, that all hue color bulbs show as simple bulbs on Vera mobile app (iOS)? I cant set color or even intensity of those bulbs on mobile app (see screenshot). White ambiente bulbs shows correctly and I can even set intensity on those bulbs.

Thanks, I would definitely make donation for this plugin!

1) AltHue supports a UPNP action which you can use in VERA scenes
2) no , I figured the right way of using it is to program VERA scenes using Hue virtual devices.  1) is the workaround of trigeering a Hue scene in a vera scene
3) not exactly sure how VERA app does it but if you would use ALTUI plugin and its interface on phone it would look like this

Offline Kositch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2018, 06:23:33 am »
2) no , I figured the right way of using it is to program VERA scenes using Hue virtual devices.  1) is the workaround of trigeering a Hue scene in a vera scene
3) not exactly sure how VERA app does it but if you would use ALTUI plugin and its interface on phone it would look like this

Thanks for reply, any advice or guide somewhere present for 1)? I am quite new to Vera world, so I would like to learn how to create UPNP action if it is the only way how to run Hue Scenes in Vera scenes.

Offline darbey

« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2018, 03:08:29 pm »
Is it just me or is it not possible to remove the "Hue " prefix? I'd prefer no prefix........

Literally my only gripe with the app. Incredible work and so easy to get up and running.

Offline Kositch

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2018, 04:21:38 pm »
Is it just me or is it not possible to remove the "Hue " prefix? I'd prefer no prefix........

Literally my only gripe with the app. Incredible work and so easy to get up and running.

+1 I can't remove it either (UI7, Edge).

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2018, 04:34:11 pm »
R?cent ui7 has a pretty nasty bug, you cannot edit a variable and set it to empty.

You can via either the settings tab of the device , or by using ALTUI. Just go into prefix field ( or to NamePrefix variable and clear the value ), save , reload luup.

Alternative in ui7 is to write a luup line in test lua window which sets the variable to empty string

Offline fullmoonguru

« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2018, 04:34:55 pm »
I haven't tried the delay but wouldn't the scenes that specify the colors work fine, whereas the ones that specify the Hue scene ID don't. Is there some reason calling the ID would take longer? I would try it but not sure how to enter the delay in AltUI scene.

Also I did try one that just changed the color without the power command.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2018, 04:37:57 pm »

Thanks for reply, any advice or guide somewhere present for 1)? I am quite new to Vera world, so I would like to learn how to create UPNP action if it is the only way how to run Hue Scenes in Vera scenes.

Use the scene advanced editor , select althue device , select runhuescene action, type the hue scene Id that you can find in the hue scene settings tab.

Offline darbey

« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2018, 06:16:13 pm »
R?cent ui7 has a pretty nasty bug, you cannot edit a variable and set it to empty.

You can via either the settings tab of the device , or by using ALTUI. Just go into prefix field ( or to NamePrefix variable and clear the value ), save , reload luup.

Alternative in ui7 is to write a luup line in test lua window which sets the variable to empty string

Can?t remove it on settings tab (it keeps reappearing). Renaming the device works temporarily but the name gets changed back next think it talks to the hub it seems.

As I said it?s a relatively minor issue. Incredible work for it to work so simply (just the 3 bulbs at the moment but will be adding another 3 tomorrow)

Offline Nefasto78

« Reply #192 on: June 30, 2018, 04:48:31 am »
I tested Osram smart+ plug and unfortunately it does not work well as seen as dimmable, Lightify Flex, on the other hand, works well.

Offline amg0

• Master Member
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2018, 05:28:50 pm »
I tested Osram smart+ plug and unfortunately it does not work well as seen as dimmable, Lightify Flex, on the other hand, works well.
many horror story on the web about firmware issue and shaky compatiblity. the very first thing to establish is what works with the philips Hue App.  THen, you can give me the device huename, the device_type, device_json and content of ALTUI "Hue Data" settings tab

Offline darbey

« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2018, 05:30:52 pm »
Any possibility of adding or confiming compatibility with the new 24v drivers from Ikea?

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/lighting/integrated-lighting/tr%C3%A5dfri-driver-for-wireless-control-grey-art-60342656/?tduid=7c7e6c1c3246a17eae929ac3b1d50af1&cid=af|de|no_cc_topic|8QLTLHoMXcHjkMCiMkq45STGXzeHDv