We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GE 45600 remote controller - Not obeying delays in scenes  (Read 1872 times)

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
GE 45600 remote controller - Not obeying delays in scenes
« on: March 11, 2013, 02:23:00 pm »
I have a GE 45600 remote and paired it to the Vera. I only have one use for this thing and it's to provide a physical remote to shut down and start the power process in my theater.

I have a power module that everything is plugged into so that I can cut power to everything so there is no standby/trickle power coming from the room.

1) I have a scene that turns the power module on (no delay). Then I can manually turn on the devices I need or use other scenes from my phone app. I added the remote to the triggers for that scene (Scene button one, on for "when scene activated"). It works just fine.

2) I have a scene to shut power off but it has a delay since certain things need certain attention. It "immediately" sends luup to shut the PC down if it's on and turns off the receiver. It then waits 5 minutes and shuts power off to the power module (this is to give time for PC to shut down fully and for TV's fan to work it's course after manually turning the TV off...it's a HD/DLP Proj screen). THIS is where I have the problem. I added the remote to the triggers for this scene for the off (Scene button 1, off for "when scene is deactivated"). All it did was shut it all down instantly cutting power to the module and all. No delays. I figured....ok...maybe there is an issue with the "off" function on the remote as I have read problems on this forum about these remotes. So I assigned it to Scene button 2 "on" in the triggers for "when scene activated". This way scene one-on will turn everything on, and scene two-on would turn it off......once again, everything came crashing off.

It will *not* obey the delay at all. This renders the remote useless unless I can get it to run the scene appropriately as I can't just simply kill power to everything like that. It's going to damage the TV and/or the PC in the process.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

Maybe if you can run a scene from a scene? ....Have the off or on of another button trigger a scene that solely triggers the main scene? This way the Vera at that point is the one calling on the main scene? Hopefully I am pondering in the right direction.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 12:48:31 am by TheSaint »
This is my signature :)

Offline beachboync

Re: GE 45600 remote controller - Not obeying delays in scenes
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:47:55 pm »
As far as I know "when scene deactivated" does not work. Only for activation.

Search for more on this.

Bob
Bob (beachboync)

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 12:32:57 pm »
As far as I know "when scene deactivated" does not work. Only for activation.

Search for more on this.

Bob

Yes, I got the same thought by reading a lot of the threads but there too many alternative goals to what people were trying to use the remote for.

Plus, I tried using it on the "on" part of button #2 setting it to when scene *is* activated (aka you hi the "on" button) and it still doesn't work. It stomps on everything in that scene within vera all at once without obeying their delay(s).

Update - 3-14-2013 - It's weird...now it's obeying the delay and executes one of the two commands under the "immediate" group...but not the other (shuts PC down but doesn't turn off receiver). ....lol. I think these remotes are haunted. I need to figure out how to execute a scene from another scene via luup. I want to see if that approach changes anything.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:55:53 am by TheSaint »

Offline beachboync

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:49:03 am »
Yup, these remotes are definitely haunted!

I am still working on my 45600 problems with no success so far.

Bob
Bob (beachboync)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 12:49:17 pm »
[...] how to execute a scene from another scene via luup.
Change the SceneNum to whichever scene needs run (1 in the example).
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1","RunScene",{SceneNum="1"},0)
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »
[...] how to execute a scene from another scene via luup.
Change the SceneNum to whichever scene needs run (1 in the example).
Code: [Select]
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1","RunScene",{SceneNum="1"},0)

Thank you, I'll give it a try