Author Topic: Devices won't pair on new Vera2, still waiting for tech support to fix  (Read 1422 times)

Offline willstar

• Sr. Newbie
Having just purchased a Vera2 and a few lighting modules, I'm keen to get them set up. On plugging in the first thing that happened was the firmware upgrade to the latest.

When trying to pair any of these lighting modules, or the door sensor, using the USB dongle, it registers each item as "paired" (by turning from flashing light to steady) in each case. However, this doesn't transfer to the Vera unit when I plug in the dongle.

I've tried pairing direct to the Vera unit using both the wizard and the add/remove devices option, no good in either case. When pressing the Vera's ZWave button the light also flashes as showing "ready to pair" but when then pressing each item's "on/off" button to get it to register, the ZWave light on the Vera unit continues to flash, so no pairing takes place. I've gone thru and "unpaired" each unit first too, to ensure that's eliminated as the issue. I've read Henk's getting started guides as well - no luck.

Anyone any ideas at all? I'm still awaiting tech support to fix. They did start to resolve earlier this week and asked me to plug in the USB dongle controller which I did - a few minutes later the two or three units I had paired to the dongle showed up on the dashboard and were usable, but then disappeared later that day after work (I'm in Australia - 17 hour time difference), and I've struggled to get any further with the tech request that's still open.

I wonder if I am missing something really basic, being a noob to this system? Thanks in advance.

Offline kaldoon

Re: Devices won't pair on new Vera2, still waiting for tech support to fix
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 07:15:19 am »
 Did you set the device string within Vera to /dev/usb/tts/0 (note leading slash) for use with the Dongle? When trying to use the Vera internal chip did you exclude/unpair the devices before adding/pairing devices to Vera as you had already paired them with the Dongle?

Offline willstar

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Devices won't pair on new Vera2, still waiting for tech support to fix
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 09:07:28 am »
kaldoon, yes, believe it or not, I just came back on to note that I changed the /dev/tts/1 to /dev/usb/tts/0 having stumbled across it and hey presto, success - thank you. Let me tell you I am grateful for the info tho - nice to get things started, at least! Cheers, David