We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Leviton vrcs4 - please help!  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Dana_CMGI

Leviton vrcs4 - please help!
« on: October 29, 2011, 01:06:02 pm »
I'm having some new trouble with a new Vera install.  I include the 4 scene controllers from Leviton without a hitch.  But, on the scenes tab, i have no options to associate the scenes to buttons.  What am I doing wrong?

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Leviton vrcs4 - please help!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 02:49:20 pm »
If they're recognized correctly, you should have both a Scene Tab, and a Settings Tab, that are similar to the ones that are attached.

If you don't have that, it might not have recognized the Scene controller correctly, and it might pay to run a "Configure now right now" or simply remove and re-add them to your Z-Wave network.

Offline Dana_CMGI

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:01:26 pm »
I have tried deleting and re-including.. They keep coming back with the scenes tab shaded out.  Should I mention that I have no internet connection for the moment (I don't know if that has any effect).  I am upgraded to the latest firmware.

In the settings tab, I have no model number for the controller.

Any ideas?

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:01:01 am »
I'd file a support ticket.  Put Vera into Verbose mode, and then do a Configure right now on the device then file the ticket.

I'm probably missing something obvious that MCVs support team will know how to fix...

Offline aschwalb

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:18:40 pm »
My experience is to run a heal on them.  It takes a little patience before the scene tab shows up.

Offline Dana_CMGI

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 06:54:46 pm »
Unfortunately I have no internet connection on this job, to send the support ticket.

The strange thing is..  I did an include for a controlthink dongle, I open think essentials, and the scene controllers show up as VRCS4's which they should in Mios.

I'll be back home tomorrow, I'll bring the unit with me, and submit a tech support ticket.

What a pain.