We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Aeon D/W Sensor and Frotrezz SSA Siren not working well  (Read 1629 times)

Offline rickcoog

Aeon D/W Sensor and Frotrezz SSA Siren not working well
« on: October 28, 2011, 06:17:00 pm »
Hello,

I'm new to this and would appreciate any help int this matter.  I recently got my sensor and siren and the setup I want is for the siren to be placed outside under the roof and the senor placed 150 feet away at the front gate.  If the sensor is tripped when the gate is open the siren goes off.  My problem is my siren seems to not work well at all unless it is right next to the vera2 unit.  The sensor will not work that far even though it's only 150 ft away from the siren (which Fortrezz website says it works as a repeater).

I want a similar set up for my backyard and if this can be worked out I will get more of the units.  But when testing it on the backyard (detached guest room from main house) the siren does not work that far.  I tried plugging in a wall lamp unit and that works find in the same outlet that the siren was plugged into.  So why would the signal work for one thing but not the other?

Thanks for any ideas.  I also emailed Mi Casa Verde support to see if they could provide help too.

Rick

Offline rickcoog

Re: Aeon D/W Sensor and Frotrezz SSA Siren not working well
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 06:34:50 pm »
I tried moving the siren 35 ft away and when I use the UI to turn the dimmer to less than 50 the light seems to blink immediately but UI does not report that the dimmer is at that level.  When I hit to turn the siren on, it does turn on maybe one second after but UI doesn't report that it is on.  I get a waiting for node to reply.  But when I try to turn the siren off it takes about 13 seconds for the siren to turn off.  And since the UI never reported the current status it has always shown off.  Sometimes i get the message, transmitted failed with code 2.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:36:29 pm by rickcoog »