We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: New Plugin: Switchboard -- Virtual Switches Re-imagined  (Read 3481 times)

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
Re: New Plugin: Switchboard -- Virtual Switches Re-imagined
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2019, 04:50:16 pm »

FWIW, I've also tried testing with the rarely used startup parameter to luup.variable_set, and testing with it both true and false, and all I learned was that (a) false doesn't change the behavior we're looking at, and (b) true doesn't work as documented.

Any chance a workaround can be found?  Any way I can help?
So hard to believe Vera's documentation could be wrong.  (NOT!)   :( >:( :(
Thanks,
Jim

I don't think the docs are wrong for anything we care about/that matters to getting this done on Vera.

For the sake of clarity, the only wrong doc I found was the "startup" flag on variable_set, which is documented as "Optionally, you can add an argument 'startup'. If startup is true, this change will be considered a startup value, and if the variable is set to it's [sic] existing value, events and notifications will not be fired" (emphasis mine, ref: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Lua_extensions#function:_variable_set). This statement is incorrect, in that, when this flag is true, current firmware suppresses "events" (which I assume to mean watches and scene triggers at least, and I didn't specifically test notifications) irrespective of whether the variable is set to its existing value or another value (i.e. it always suppresses events).

But that's an academic exercise. Vera ain't gonna do what you want it to do. Very often, those kinds of things point to an X-Y problem: you want to do some big thing, and you've decided how you want to get it done, but you don't know how to do one of the little steps along the way, so now you (and I as a consequence of your post) are focused on that one little step, rather than the actual problem you are trying to solve, which may be better solved another way.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 04:52:51 pm by rigpapa »
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline korttoma

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2019, 05:13:01 am »
installed this plugin via the GUI: install app to both my Veras today (Veralite and VeraPlus).

The installation to the Veralite when without any issue but on the VeraPlus I got an error that it could not download "L_Switchboard1.lua" retry in 10min.
I retried a few times by triggering an engine restart but as it did not work I then checked from "Luup Files" page in Vera if all other files had been downloaded and then manually uploaded the "L_Switchboard1.lua" file via the "Luup Files" page. Engine restarted automatically and now all was fine.

Thanks for sharing this plugin!!
- Tomas

Offline Cor

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2019, 06:06:01 am »
Thanks for this plugin.

I just installed it on my vera plus. Via the GUI on my PC it works just fine , but I am unable to show the devices on Imperihome on my Android phone.
Any option to have them shown there?

Thanks,
Cor

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2019, 06:10:07 am »
They show up like any actuators on my android phone? Did you press reload in imperihome?
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline Cor

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2019, 06:16:57 am »
@Forzaalfa:  Ah ... interesting; Imperihome crashes since the last update when I reload. I have allready send an email to imperihome. I have rebooted my android device , I " guess" this reloads the devices as well?

*edit* ,got a workaround by checking "autodetect vera conf. changes" , I deselected that since the screen goes for a milisecond every 5 seconds black..... very wierd

Cor
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 06:31:32 am by Cor »