We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Trouble installing openLUUP  (Read 3142 times)

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
Re: Trouble installing openLUUP
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 05:31:16 pm »
thanks @jswim788

To start (restart) openLuup, I?ve just rebooted the machine.

Is that the only way ?

UPDATE - I?ve updated the value and rebooted, but unfortunately now I?m unable to access anything, all previous urls are now showing they?re unable to connect?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:40:20 pm by parkerc »

Offline jswim788

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 05:40:47 pm »
There's a script that's included called openLuup_reload.  That will start it up.

But if a reboot starts it, then you must have added it to systemd or init.d or rc.local already?

See page 19 of akbooer's documentation (https://github.com/akbooer/openLuup/blob/master/Documentation/openLuup%20User%20Guide.pdf)

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2018, 06:30:51 pm »
Thanks all

Some quick questions

How do I stop/start openLuup, when I can?t access the UI?
@rafale77 My userdata.lua file only has 617 lines?
I found the trouble spot. in the userdata.lua file, in the device_table function:

edit the line:

Code: [Select]
        value = item.value or {},
I will submit to akbooer on github

Yeah sorry I edited my post to remove the line number, I am working off of the development branch so the line number is not accurate. When AK comes back hopefully he will merge into the main branch and release a new version.

Also I just looked and the released master you should be getting should be on line 688 and there should be 786 lines in that file...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:34:03 pm by rafale77 »
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 03:40:08 am »
Thanks all again

Im still missing something here, how do I run openLuup_reload  from the command Line to restart it - see below (im afraid. i dont have much Linux experience  :( )?

root@debian:/home/qwerty/cmh-ludl# ls
backup            I_ALTUI.xml                      J_ALTUI_b_en.js                       J_ALTUI.js           J_ALTUI_uimgr.js      L_ALTUI_LuaRunHandler.lua  trash.          D_ALTUI.json      icons                            J_ALTUI_b_fr.js                       J_ALTUI_loc_es.js    J_ALTUI_upnp.js       latest.tar.gz              user_data (copy).json.            D_ALTUI_UI7.json  images                           J_ALTUI_b_it.js                       J_ALTUI_loc_fr.js    J_ALTUI_utils.js      logs                       user_data.json
D_ALTUI.xml       index.html                       J_ALTUI_b_javascript_compressed.js    J_ALTUI_loc_it.js    J_ALTUI_verabox.js    openLuup                   www
dkjson.lua        J_ALTUI_api.js                   J_ALTUI_b_lua_compressed.js           J_ALTUI_loc_nl.js    L_ALTUI_compress.lua  openLuup_install.lua
files             J_ALTUI_b_blockly_compressed.js  J_ALTUI_iphone.js                     J_ALTUI_multibox.js  L_ALTUIjson.lua       openLuup_reload
I_ALTUI-old.xml   J_ALTUI_b_blocks_compressed.js   J_ALTUI_jquery.ui.touch-punch.min.js  J_ALTUI_plugins.js   L_ALTUI.lua           S_ALTUI.xml

root@debian:/home/qwerty/cmh-ludl# openLuup_reload
bash: openLuup_reload: command not found
root@debian:/home/qwerty/cmh-ludl# su openLuup_reload
No passwd entry for user 'openLuup_reload'
root@debian:/home/qwerty/cmh-ludl# su
root@debian:/home/qwerty/cmh-ludl# openLuup_reload
bash: openLuup_reload: command not found
root@debian:/home/qwerty/cmh-ludl#
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:42:05 am by parkerc »

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2018, 03:50:25 am »
try entering this command:

Code: [Select]
./openLuup_reload
This is because it is a shell script
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline jswim788

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2018, 11:22:49 am »
The reason you need the ./ form is that the current directory is not in your PATH.  And that is for good reason - it keeps you from inadvertently executing a program in an unexpected and possibly insecure location.  You can add '.' to your PATH so it is there if you wish.  And you can see what your PATH by this: echo $PATH

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2018, 12:06:48 pm »
I'm also installing on debian 9, and i can access the altUI console locally, but when i try using another computer, it stalls on "Waiting Initial Data".

I tailed the LuaUPnP.log, and see a "openluup.servlet:: file not found:J_ALTUI_loc_nb.js"

any suggestions?
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2018, 12:13:19 pm »
This looks like an ALTUI installation problem. Do you actually have this file in your openLuup folder?

Edit: It maybe a typo... I don't know of a country acronym with nb... What country are you in?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 12:14:58 pm by rafale77 »

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2018, 02:52:48 pm »
I'm also installing on debian 9, and i can access the altUI console locally, but when i try using another computer, it stalls on "Waiting Initial Data".

I tailed the LuaUPnP.log, and see a "openluup.servlet:: file not found:J_ALTUI_loc_nb.js"

any suggestions?

note sur what country nb is but that is not offered (yet).  it should fall back automatically to english
if you want you can copy one of the J_ALTUI_loc_xx.js and make a 'nb' translation then have that file on your vera and it should then work
if you cant you can contribute that file into the normal release.  in that case I would include it in the github repo

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2018, 05:31:48 pm »
Aha, if its a language file its looking for its "Norwegian Bokmal(which is one of two written languages)". I set the regional settings in debian to this to get the time right. I'll revert to english and manual time adjustment.

Not sure why Altui looks for this? I prefer english language in any case for the system..
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2018, 06:13:22 pm »
that didnt work, it seems like it looks for it on the basis of the connecting computers regional settings? I Installed AltUI now on the VeraPlus, and I encounter the same problem if i type <IP>:3480 there too.  Maybe te "revert to english" doesnt work with the latest release?
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline a-lurker

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2018, 08:27:38 pm »
On a Vera with more recent firmware you need to use:

http://<IP_ADDRESS>/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home#

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2018, 02:40:09 am »
that didnt work, it seems like it looks for it on the basis of the connecting computers regional settings? I Installed AltUI now on the VeraPlus, and I encounter the same problem if i type <IP>:3480 there too.  Maybe te "revert to english" doesnt work with the latest release?

It is based on client side language preference (browser)
Adding &lang=XX in the url forces a language. You can Use the setting tab to prepare your home url.

Offline amg0

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2018, 02:41:58 am »
On a Vera with more recent firmware you need to use:

http://<IP_ADDRESS>/port_3480/data_request?id=lr_ALTUI_Handler&command=home#
Yes !!! Vera and openluup need different url.
port_3480 For Vera
:3480 for openluup

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2018, 03:43:37 am »
Yes, i tried them both. anyway, the "&lang=en" did the trick. :) Thanks for all the help guys! Now to other new issues. ;)
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e