We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Listed Devices  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Double J

• Sr. Newbie
Listed Devices
« on: November 01, 2011, 09:57:01 pm »
I am new to SQ remote. I finally bit the bullet & upgraded to MCV's UI4. I am extremely displeased with the new dashboard and believe there should be an interface solely for your devices, scenes, etc...not also displaying all the brains behind it. I feel they took a step backwards with their pc interface and 3 steps back with the smartphone plug-in..especially in relation to the iPhone/iPod.

As a result, I feel myself forced to go to 3rd party interfaces. SQ caught my attention with the price and I'm very happy with the interface. So, in the end, I'm happy I went this route. Although, I'm getting duplicates and triplicates of my devices in SQ's list whether I refresh the data or not while I'm trying to get this UI4 straightened out with my setup. As a result it's making it more and more difficult when I need to re-assign my buttons with SQ, especially with the fact that we have 2 iPhones, 2 iPods and an iPad.

Long story short...is there a way to 'clean' up the device list?
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Offline SquareConnectJohn

Re: Listed Devices
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 01:58:30 pm »
Hi,

In the latest version of SQ Remote, go into the settings for your Vera unit, and scroll down to the bottom, and press the button "refresh"

You might want to close and re-open the app at this point as well..

John
Square Connect Co-Founder

Offline Double J

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Listed Devices
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:42:05 pm »
I did hit the refresh button, killed the app & rebooted my iPhones & iPads but they remained there...until this morning. I'm assuming there was some type of cache somewhere storing these devices that finally purged out. I would guess somewhere in Vera since the same repetetive devices were showing up in all my devices. I'm just not sure why it took three days. No biggie since it get get resolved...
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan