We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Merten 506004 (again)  (Read 2094 times)

Offline umtauscher

Merten 506004 (again)
« on: November 02, 2011, 10:18:09 am »
Hi erveyone,

last weekened I found an entry in the wiki that led me to believe, the above mentioned controller does finally work. So I updated my Vera 1 to 1338 which went surprisingly well without any glitches. The new mechanism of sending the lighting commands twice is great and I get a fast response on my motion sensor at last. So far so good.

Then I tried to add my 506004 which sould work now but it doesn't.
When I add the transmitter, I get 5 Motion sensors. Which all act synchronous on the first channel. Vera seems not to be able to configure the device properly.

So if the device is supposed to work, there must be someone who has it working, right?
If that someone reads this message, please tell me how to add the device.
Thanks
Umtauscher

Offline weissertigerxl

Re: Merten 506004 (again)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 07:42:48 am »
Hi all,

I have the same problem.

Tried to install the device.

It is recognized as device,  but when it should be get configured, there is only the message :

Unable to get anny information on.

Umtauscher@: Waht have You done to see 5 devices? I can only see one, when I add the device?

Thanks!!

Offline weissertigerxl

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 11:56:30 am »
Now I got 4 Motion sensors plus one appliance modul,

but still cannot get any information message.

Any ideas?

Offline umtauscher

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 02:29:42 pm »
Unfortunately not.
Vera does not work with it and I suppose MCV isn't doing something about it.
This is a bug that was there from the beginning.Since then MCV has developed 4 UIs but didn't fix the bugs.
I personally wait for some company developing a better controller and then try again.
Cheers
Umtauscher

Offline markbawden

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 06:40:15 am »
Got to agree with umtauscher. I've had a 506004 since ui1, the 506004 is a certified z wave product, but micasaverde say it doesn't comply - buck passing! I'm pinning my hopes on square connect's sqblaster pro if and when it sees the light, fibaro's controller looks interesting too.

On a similar note, Micasaverde still haven't sorted out FULL working compatibility for the Horstmann HRT4-ZW thermostat - the ONLY available Z-wave thermostat for the European market, again, a fully certified z wave product. It half works - maybe they consider that good enough.