We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Quick comparison SQ Remote / iVera / automator.app  (Read 2692 times)

Offline rnarro

• Sr. Newbie
Quick comparison SQ Remote / iVera / automator.app
« on: November 01, 2011, 11:40:47 pm »
I have tried three different apps for iPhone and iPad to control my vera (sqremote, iVera and automator.app) this is a short resume of my expirience with them:
Sqremote: very flexible on the way you can set up your interface, but moré complicated and also some of their controls do not provide al the information I need like the video cámara control that is not streaming and you do not have movement controls for the cámara and on the iPod the size of the video it is very small. Also the controls for the sensors do not show the arm and dis arm status of the sensors. It has an App for the iPad.
iVera: very simple to use and easy to find what you are looking fore. Takes a while to load every time you start the App. Does not have the posibility to conect locally in case the location servers are down. Do not have a native iPad App. When I bought my iPad I started to look for another app for iPad and found automator.app
Automator.app: it has iPhone and iPad apps very nice interface in boths devices very fast to load and also has the capacity to connect locally. You can define your favorite devices and sort and hide what you do not want. For me it is the Best of the three.
Hope this helps

Rafa

Offline tomcat

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Quick comparison SQ Remote / iVera / automator.app
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:41:13 am »

Automator.app: it has iPhone and iPad apps very nice interface in boths devices very fast to load and also has the capacity to connect locally. You can define your favorite devices and sort and hide what you do not want. For me it is the Best of the three.
Hope this helps

Rafa

Hi rafa, How do you control your AV devices with Automator.app???..... ;)

Offline rnarro

• Sr. Newbie
Quick comparison SQ Remote / iVera / automator.app
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:54:53 pm »
I have not setup any AV devices yet sorry

Offline tomcat

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Quick comparison SQ Remote / iVera / automator.app
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 09:31:46 pm »
I have not setup any AV devices yet sorry

that's the point!.....so it depends on users needs and creativity choosing between 3rd party apps in order to make MCV's expierence ....less tricky  ;D

tomcat