Author Topic: Notification when manually pressing Duwi switches?  (Read 2234 times)

Offline miljume

• Sr. Newbie
Notification when manually pressing Duwi switches?
« on: November 15, 2011, 02:45:53 pm »
Hi,

I have installed a Vera2 and am really satisfied so far

One question that I didn't find the answer on is if it is possible to add a notification (mail) if anyone manually presses a Duwi switch in my home?

The switches I bought have a possibility to both switch a locally connected light-source as well as being remotely controlled through Vera2. I have succeeded in adding a notification if the light is turned on remotely byt not when being pressed manually

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Mikael

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 03:24:48 pm by miljume »

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: Notification when manually pressing Duwi switches?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 03:58:54 pm »
Mikael,

You can get a notification if someone presses one of the switches, but how soon you get that notification depends on the version of the firmware in your Duewi switches.   The newer ones will send any state changes to Vera right away.  With the older firmware, the switches do not send state changes, but Vera polls them regularly (every few minutes or so) and if Vera detects that someone has changed the switch manually, it will still send you the notification.

I'm not sure where these newer versions come from; it seems there's another firm that sticks in the new firmware and then resells them.  You'll find them in several Euro Z-wave stockists as "Duewi.ME" switches.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline miljume

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 04:09:10 pm »
Thank you, although this don't seem to work all the time

How can I see if my firmware is new or old?

Is there a way to get the status polled more frequently?

I have had the switch on for more than an hour without a notification, Vera must poll more often than that or?

Regards,
Mikael

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 04:18:01 pm »
To check the version, open the device and go to the Advanced tab, then check under VersionInfo.  My old switches say 6,3,22,1,3.  The newer ones say 6,3,22,1,6.

One hour before the status is polled does seem rather long.  Does the notification trigger when you turn the switch on by clicking the Up position 3 times quickly?  This should send the status instantly.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 08:44:12 pm »
[...] Vera must poll more often than that or?
By default Vera polls one device every 30 seconds; so it depends on the number of devices in your network how long it will take for one full cycle to complete.

You cannot control the poll frequency of a single device, but you can change the poll interval between devices (i.e. the 30 seconds).
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:59:52 pm by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline miljume

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 04:36:29 pm »
Thank's for your input

My GUI says 6,2,51,1,0

When I press the switch three times quickly the Vera doesnt't send a notification

Is there a way to update the firmware in the switches?

Right now it works sometimes and sometimes not, really irritating

Should I put the poll intervall to a minimum on all switches? Is there any negative about setting the poll rate too low?

Regards,
Mikael

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 05:27:24 pm »
The firmware can be upgraded apparently, but I've no idea how...  My dealer offers this upgrade to people who need instant state push, for a small fee.