Author Topic: Questions on adding devices and firmware versions.  (Read 2180 times)

Offline dpmartin

Questions on adding devices and firmware versions.
« on: November 17, 2011, 01:40:26 am »
Guys, I have two Vera2 devices that I recently purchased from Amazon. I am hoping someone here can help me troubleshoot one of them.

The first Vera2 is working fine as far as adding devices go. I hit the Z Wave button, it flashes at me, I pair a device, it flickers, done. The second Vera2 will not recognize a device for the life of me. I hit the Z Wave button, it tells me to "add a device" in the dashboard, but no matter how many times I hit the pair button on the devices, none of them pair. I have successfully added the devices to the first Vera2 no problem, and was able to clear them using the remote so that they are not associated with any Vera2, but they still don't pair with the second one.

The other thing I noticed is that the firmware version on the Vera2 that works is 1.1.1350 - which is even higher than the currently listed public beta. When I try to go to update firmware on the dashboard of this device, it tells me "Error: Invalid Platform". Strange, but at least it works fine and I can pair devices to it. The other Vera2 that CAN NOT pair with anything is running the latest 1.1.1245 and the update feature on the dashboard says I'm up to date.

I'm not sure if the device pairing issue stems from the differences in the firmware between the two units or if there is something mechanically wrong with one of them. I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Questions on adding devices and firmware versions.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:29:28 am »
Guys, I have two Vera2 devices that I recently purchased from Amazon. I am hoping someone here can help me troubleshoot one of them.

The first Vera2 is working fine as far as adding devices go. I hit the Z Wave button, it flashes at me, I pair a device, it flickers, done. The second Vera2 will not recognize a device for the life of me. I hit the Z Wave button, it tells me to "add a device" in the dashboard, but no matter how many times I hit the pair button on the devices, none of them pair. I have successfully added the devices to the first Vera2 no problem, and was able to clear them using the remote so that they are not associated with any Vera2, but they still don't pair with the second one.

The other thing I noticed is that the firmware version on the Vera2 that works is 1.1.1350 - which is even higher than the currently listed public beta. When I try to go to update firmware on the dashboard of this device, it tells me "Error: Invalid Platform". Strange, but at least it works fine and I can pair devices to it. The other Vera2 that CAN NOT pair with anything is running the latest 1.1.1245 and the update feature on the dashboard says I'm up to date.

I'm not sure if the device pairing issue stems from the differences in the firmware between the two units or if there is something mechanically wrong with one of them. I hope someone can help me troubleshoot this.

Thanks!

The devices that you are pairing with the second Vera2, are they paired with the first Vera2? You can only associate a device to one primary controller.

- Garrett

Offline dpmartin

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 01:33:54 pm »
No, they are not. I have a GE 45601 hand held remote which I use to delete any connectivity that may have been present before I try to link anything. My first Vera2 will link properly, then I delete the link and try to link the same device with the second Vera2 and it doesn't link. I then erase the link again with the 45601 just to make sure and try to link with the first Vera2 again. It consistently works with the first one and not with the second one. Then I add the two switched to the GE 45601 button 1 and 2. I verify that I can control both Zwave switches with the GE remote. Everything works properly. I can also link both of them to the first Vera2 and everything works properly. It is only the second Vera2 that won't link using the same exact procedures.

The second Vera2, when activated by pressing the Zwave button will flash its green light slowly and the computer screen will say "Add/Remove  Add new devices now". Even though it is clearly in the receptive mode, it doesn't link.

don

Offline hsmaier

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 05:35:48 pm »

Thanks!

I'm running the latest version

You are running the latest version: 1.1.1338 .
Vera 2 U14, Vera 2 U15, Two Trane TZEMT400AB32 Thermostats. Insteon Light Switches, Insteon Outlets, Power Linc Modem.