We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: VeraPlus online but after home.getvera.com login Vera says "Controller offline"  (Read 5146 times)

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
Thanks.

May be a silly question, but I have only ever connected to my controller via home.getvera.com. I guess I'll have to figure out the ip address my router is giving the veraplus and use that.  Can I enter just the ip address?  Or is there anything else that needs to follow the ip?

Just enter the IP in your browser http://<ip>

Offline RV

Offline n23

I am replying to this thread to thank everyone, the commands restored my Edge back to service. I had a hint I was out of space but didn't realize it would prevent remote access.
Thanks again!

Offline pawels1977

Thank you! Problem solved.

Steps:

1. login to your Vera via local connection

2. Go to Scenes

3. Set a scene Daily - current time +5mins

4. Enter a Lua script:

os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios*")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json")
os.execute("rm -r /overlay/dataMine")
os.execute("reboot")

5. Wait 5 minutes. Vera will execute commands, reboots & clear cache

6. Set "Failsafe yunnels" unders Settings/ Networks to be safe

Hope it helps - took me 8 hrs to deduct, but it's working ;)

Offline RV

another happy customer..

I actually use two scenes, one to clear the file @ 5am and a second one to reboot @ 5:30 or 6am.
Somewhere in my research someone mentioned giving the vera some time after clearing the files before you reboot.

Offline GaryOkie

Just confirming that these house keeping commands fixed the offline controller issue for my VeraPlus.    It has been in service for well over a year (after replacing a 4 year old Vera Lite) and has been very reliable  (several zwave devices, 4 cameras, Caddx security).    This is the first significant issue I've had with it, so thanks all for the help this thread provided.

I should also mention that I've moved all of the automation logic and the primary user interface to Home Assistant running on a Raspberry Pi3.  It interfaces with Vera quite nicely.    I don't often need to use the Vera portal, but glad it's fixed now.

Offline RV

I too am using HA. I've kept the basic stuff (open a door -> turn on a light) on the Vera, but moved the things that require addition coding to HA automatons.

Offline stevem5215

I used the 2 line code to fix my "offline vera" as well.   Working fine again.  I think i might try that cron job as mentioned too.

Steve