Author Topic: Feedback on newer plugin for Fortrezz water flow meter??  (Read 811 times)

Offline leedavidr

Feedback on newer plugin for Fortrezz water flow meter??
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:16:53 am »
I purchased and installed a Fortrezz Water flow meter (https://www.fortrezz.com/flow-meter) in June 2017 but have been unable to get any functionality out of it.  I tried a flow meter miomite plugin for it but it bricked my Vera Plus.  I had to have the Vera technicians unbrick it.  I tried working on the paramters myself with the help of others as well as the Vera technicians.  Still no go. 

I noticed a few days ago there is another/new plugin listed for this device (updated October 20, 2017) for Vera.

Has anyone out there used this plugin for this device and if so, can you please give me some feedback?

I am reluctant to try this on my Vera at my secondary residence without being there and would probably not be able to pair it anyway from afar.  However, feedback on this plugin with this device would be much appreciated.

Offline leedavidr

Re: Feedback on newer plugin for Fortrezz water flow meter??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:19:30 am »
I am bumping this up to see if I cannot someone to notice this.  Its a pretty slim chance since the device is pretty unique.  Thanks for any feedback.

Offline leedavidr

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 08:14:37 am »
Further review of this plug through the Vera store front indicates that this plug in was created by dantheman2865.  I have sent him a message.  It also lists Fortrezz as the manufacturer.  While I assume that Fortrezz is listed as the manufacturer of the device, I wonder if it is listed as the creator of the plug in itself:

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=8991

Any help here would be appreciated.

Offline leedavidr

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 02:28:17 pm »
I contacted Fortrezz about the above plugin and they were involved in its development and it should give some basic functionality out of the device on Vera controllers, though not as good as that seen on SmartThings or Homeseer.  Here is Fortrezz' reply:

"' that is an app for the FMI that we recommend and have had custom made for the Vera controllers. It is designed to give you very basic functionality and reading such as GMP, graphical data, and temperature. It does not have the rules or SmartApps that are present within SmartThings and Homeseer for the FMI. However, it is still a work in progress for now. You can expect addition improvements in the future, if there are more users willing to use the app."

Unfortunately, I won't be able to try this out untiil  I return to my house in AZ.

Offline hellovn

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 06:57:33 pm »
I paired the water flow with my Vera and installed the new plugin. The plugin device is showing "Gallon per minute". However, I have not installed the meter with my water system yet. I will report it back when the plumber comes.

Offline leedavidr

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 07:35:54 am »
Thanks.  Greatly appreciated.

Offline hellovn

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 10:05:10 am »
The plumber just installed the valve and the water flow seems to be working. I turned on a few water sources and the number gallon per minute keeps increasing. With this number, you should be able to use PLEG to write any scenarios (high or low flow).

Offline hellovn

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 11:41:57 am »
I am using Grafana + Imperihome + Telegraf + InfluxDB to visualize my water usage by 15 minutes and 1 hour :)

Offline leedavidr

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 03:03:01 pm »
Sounds like the plug-in is working well for monitoring water use.  I purchased my Fortrezz flow meter to monitor for leaks--either slow long leaks or high flow leaks (higher than normal rate of flow).  The plug-ins for SmartThings apparently does this and one could presumably do this with the new Vera plug-in using either Lua or PLEG and have the device shut off a water valve to protect against flooding.  I am currently using flood sensors to do this currently but wanted redundancy with the flow meter.

Offline peterfc

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 11:55:30 am »
Have you got the flow meter working to your satisfaction?  I want to use for the same reason as you and also have a shutoff valve and mutliple sensors.

Offline hellovn

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 11:58:51 am »
Yes I do. I use PLEG to tell me if there is a small flow (0.1 to 0.5) or high flow (>= 1) that is running for more than 20 minutes.

Offline leedavidr

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 08:30:45 am »
Hellovn,

That is fantastic!! Thanks for the update.