Author Topic: Failed upgrade on Vera 3 - flashing green/orange  (Read 591 times)

Offline GT!

Failed upgrade on Vera 3 - flashing green/orange
« on: May 22, 2018, 07:34:33 pm »
Upgrade from https:/home.getvera.com stopped working months ago due to lack of storage so was never able to move ahead.  So today the Vera mobile app (Android) notified me of the available update and I foolishly said yes to go ahead.  You know the rest ?
So question ? what is the best way to recover from this?  Searches yielded links to Vera firmware recovery tool that apparently only works on Windows XP (which has been an unsupported OS for years)? 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Failed upgrade on Vera 3 - flashing green/orange
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:49:38 pm »
Best advice is for you to contact Customer Care, they have the recovery well rehearsed now.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Tillsy

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 10:58:39 pm »
Totally agree, don't even think of trying to take matters into your own hands - I am 1.5 weeks into a messed up setup because of that (and all I did was select a simple reset network option which completely imploded).

Offline GT!

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:52:49 pm »
Thanks guys, that's what I'll do.