We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-Wave In-Line Thermostat (power by 120v)?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Primetime

• Sr. Newbie
Z-Wave In-Line Thermostat (power by 120v)?
« on: November 25, 2011, 02:32:39 pm »
Hey Gang,

First I'd like to thank all the active posters for solving 99.9% of my issues with Vera (I rarely post because someone else already had and solved my problem!).  I have a quick question to see if anyone has come across and "in line" thermostat that's powered by zwave?  I'm trying to control my radiant floor heat in my shop and it currently has an in line thermostat running the system.

Basically how it works is, once I'm below the desired temperature.....it switches on the power turning on a pump, which pulls water through my on demand water heater and heats the concrete.  Clear as mud?   Any ways, I was wondering if anyone has come across a thermostat like this?

I could get a temperature sensor and and on/off switch, and set up a scene to do the same thing......but would prefer a thermostat if one was available.

Thanks!

Offline zmistro

Re: Z-Wave In-Line Thermostat (power by 120v)?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 01:56:32 pm »
 What you refer to as "in line"  is a line voltage control.  However I think your system has a very easy solution. Is  your current thermost a mechanical unit with a tempature bulb that turns on the pump directly, or is there a wall thermostat.  I would assume there are some Actuator valves also so as water does not flow when not needed.

They make relay controls that will work great.
TACO is one.

I would need more info and maybe a picture.