Author Topic: Schlage BE469 "Getting Secure Classes"  (Read 727 times)

Offline engdahl

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +1/-0
Schlage BE469 "Getting Secure Classes"
« on: May 25, 2018, 05:36:54 pm »
I have this lock and kept getting stuck at "Getting Secure Classes."  I have finally SOLVED this problem!  The process to include this lock is:  1.  Exclude the lock by putting the Vera in exclude mode and entering the six-digit code followed by zero "0" on the lock.  2.  Include the lock by putting the Vera in include mode and entering the six-digit code followed by zero "0" on the lock.  3.  When the Vera shows "Getting Secure Classes,"  enter the six-digit code followed by zero "0" on the lock AGAIN.  The lock will error out with a red X, but the Vera will continue and pair the lock successfully.

Offline edgebinary

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 69
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: Schlage BE469 "Getting Secure Classes"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 04:12:10 pm »
I think this might just be a coincidence. How close was the Vera to the lock when you were doing the pairing process?

Offline joeauto

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: Schlage BE469 "Getting Secure Classes"
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 10:27:48 pm »
I have tried this and every other fix for the secure classes problem I could find on this forum.  No luck.  I have two locks that I setup years ago that work fine.  They are years old  but working.  I have another old lock that will not get past this error.  Has anyone found a fix for this?  I am running a vera lite on the latest firmware and trying to add (another) BE369.  I don't want to reset the Vera and lose the working locks I have and most have said reset was not a fix anyway!  I se references to using older firmware with the PLUS but the firmware versions in the thread do not match my lite versions.  Any suggestions?

Offline joeauto

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Karma: +0/-0
Re: Schlage BE469 "Getting Secure Classes"
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 09:56:25 am »
Ok.  So I decided to call support after not being able to fix this.  I had tried the exclude/include cycle dozens of times yesterday.  Support had me add a remote account and "enable support" on my Vera and then we went through EXACTLY the same steps I went through yesterday.  Worked the first time!!!  The only difference was that they did ran the gui remotely and I had added their account and enabled support.    I am not sure how this made a difference.  So my advice is to call support immediately instead of wasting hours/days like I did.