We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Alternatives to Weather Underground plugin?  (Read 3239 times)

Offline dJOS

Re: Alternatives to Weather Underground plugin?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2019, 10:30:32 pm »
I've published the recipe for retrieving current weather from OpenWeatherMap.org using the SiteSensor plugin: https://www.toggledbits.com/sitesensor

Legend, the built in weather plugin is slow and inaccurate - I just got site sensor pulling in weather and it's fantastic!

One small error in the doco, for celsius:

response.temp - 273.15

should be

response.main.temp - 273.15
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches, Nano Switches / Dimmers & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline aztihg

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2019, 12:26:23 am »
The Weather Underground finally stopped working on my Vera Edge. I'm trying to use SiteSensor, and seems I'm having issues with the trip evaluation expression: response.cod == 200. Please excuse my ignorance, but I do not know anything about programming. Below is the log file.

Query OK, but 1 expressions failed
00:04:01: SiteSensor: Requesting JSON data
00:04:01: SiteSensor: "GET" "http;.......", headers={  }
00:04:01: SiteSensor: Eval #1: "last(response.weather).main"=("string")"Clear"
00:04:01: SiteSensor: Eval #2: "response.name"=("string")"Oakville"
00:04:01: SiteSensor: Eval #3: "round(response.main.temp - 273.15,1)"=("number")-0.8
00:04:01: SiteSensor: Eval #4: "response.main.humidity"=("number")93
00:04:01: SiteSensor: Eval trip expression: nil=(nil)nil

Can anybody provide any guidance in solving this error? Thank you.

aztihg
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:54:04 pm by aztihg »

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2019, 10:40:46 am »
It doesn't look like the trip expression is configured. Try going in to configuration and re-entering it.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline aztihg

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2019, 04:34:46 pm »
Thank you rigpapa. I re-enter the trip expression "response.cod == 200" with the same result:  Eval trip expression: nil=(nil)nil. I checked the Advance-->Variable-->LastResponse and reports "cod": 200 which is true and is confirmed by triggering the request and providing the weather info. I forgot to mention that the dashboard shows the failure icon and has the "Can't Detect Device" message. Any idea what is wrong here?  Thanks.