We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Controlling dimmer sensitivity  (Read 1424 times)

Offline brewster201

• Sr. Newbie
Controlling dimmer sensitivity
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:10:20 am »
Is there a way to control the dimmer sensitivity? The Ge dimmer is very hard to control from low to bright using the manual button

Bruce

Offline michaelk

Re: Controlling dimmer sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:34:33 pm »
each device is different depending on what the manufacture added as options/fautrues.

GE/ACT/ Schlage are all pretty much the same and  there are configuration bits you can set for the number of steps to dim and the duration the dimmer should hold between steps. You can make it take forever to ramp up or you can have it be almost instant depending on what values you set.

You have to find the variables to set on the device then on the device options tab on the device settings page for vera you can tell it which variables to set and what values to make them.  (you can set the variables to "monitor only" to see what the current factory values are before you start futzing)

here's the instructions for the GE 45606:
http://www.jascoproducts.com/support/manual-downloads/applications/DocumentLibraryManager/upload/45606-Manual-Eng.pdf

check out page talking about dim rate adjustments for the variables and what values to set them to.

find the manual for your exact switch to confirm but i think they are all basically the same.

this bit of the wiki talks about it some http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/ZWave_Configuration_Options sorry i can't post screen shots at the moment- I dont have a UI4 device at my fingers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:38:06 pm by michaelk »

Offline brewster201

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Controlling dimmer sensitivity
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:31:28 pm »
Thank You

Bruce