Author Topic: Fortrezz flood sensor FTS05  (Read 544 times)

Offline Frdes274

Fortrezz flood sensor FTS05
« on: June 09, 2018, 12:35:08 pm »
I just bought Fortrezz Flood Sensor FTS05 from Aartech Canada. Ive check a Youtube video explaining how to pair it to Veraplus console. At the end of the video,  we can see that the subdevice Flood Sensor has an icon to arm/unarm. I already have a Fibaro Flood Sensor in my Zwave network and it looks the same has in the Fortrezz Youtube video (arm/unarm). However, once I paired Fortrezz Flood Sensor FTS05 with my Vera, the subdevice Temperature is working well but the subdevice Flood Sensor appears has a unknown zwave device with ON/OFF buttons instead of an arm/unarm icon... Ive unpaired/paired a few time... nothing changed. Ive unpair + factory reset+ pair... nothing changed. Now it has successfully being paired for 48 hours and nothing have changed. Subdevice temperature is working well but subdevice flood sensor still havent been correctly activated. When I click ON OFF I get differents synchronization in progress or error type messages. Someone can help here ?

Offline pjtvnet5

Re: Fortrezz flood sensor FTS05
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:33:07 am »
Yeah.... Me too.  bought two of them.  I called Fortrezz and even though they advertise it works with Vera, they say it will not work with a VeraPlus.  They will not take my units back!!!  This company is horrible!!!  The support person told me I should have checked which controller it works with.  I stated "it says compatible with VERA right on the web site".  He states that it is with the OLDer controllers and blames me for the issue.  He said I should have sent a text before buying.  REALLY?!?!  I should not take the website's information seriously.

A company that blames customers for their issues will not last long. 

I would stay away from Fortrezz

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: Fortrezz flood sensor FTS05
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 10:46:24 am »
Hello there,

I'm really sorry to hear this but I would recommend the following settings to be done, and there is a chance this device might work, at least as a flood sensor.

You can try to change the category and subcategory to a Leak sensor: http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

Then change the device file and json, to ones used by the Leak sensor.

Our Customer Care can give you a hand with this as well. However, I'm not sure it will perform correctly.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7