Author Topic: RS232 quad relay controller  (Read 30337 times)

Online Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
Re: RS232 quad relay controller
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2012, 07:02:05 am »
Hello,

Try using Up, Down and Stop. Are they active?

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2012, 06:38:09 pm »
Hello,

Try using Up, Down and Stop. Are they active?

Ah... you are right, thank you. Those commands don't throw back a 'not implemented' message. Now just to see what happens at the relay end when I run those commands.

Online Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2012, 07:12:32 pm »
Hello,

I_quadrelay1.xml does not contain the called commands for Open, Close or Dimmer (slidder) so that was the reason behind the message.

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2012, 05:08:30 am »
Hello,

I_quadrelay1.xml does not contain the called commands for Open, Close or Dimmer (slidder) so that was the reason behind the message.

Thanks Brientim,

It is working now. All four relays respond to the appropriate buttons pushes however there is no visual feedback that the relay is on in the GUI. Is this normal?

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2012, 05:11:03 am »
Hello

I have now by created a plugin for the relay board.

It shows up as four on/off powerswitches. I can turn on or off individual relays, and the icons gets updated with a nice and shining light when on.

I have a question that I hope you maybe can lead me in the right direction for.

If I power off and on the relay module then the status information will be out of sync.

The relay module is capable of showing it status by sending the right commands, it also reports back directly after a command.

The question is, how can I read the status from the relay board at intervals defined.

Regards
TommyE

@TommE,

Any chance you could share your code so I can try it out and assist?

Online Brientim

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2012, 05:32:22 am »
It is working now. All four relays respond to the appropriate buttons pushes however there is no visual feedback that the relay is on in the GUI. Is this normal?

The app was created from another another which uses different files to perform the different functions. In this case the control for up, down and stop are not designed in the same way as the other controls that you would normally see and I only assume that because there is no way for the relay to identify if the blind is either open or closed, it would have been used by a scene which would have triggered the event up (or down) and then issued the stop command after a given time and therefore, there is no real need for the device to display this function.

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2012, 05:44:08 am »
Thanks Brientim. That makes total sense. Looks like I'll have to start my LuuP training!  :P

Offline TommyE

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2012, 04:12:34 am »
Hello

I have now by created a plugin for the relay board.

It shows up as four on/off powerswitches. I can turn on or off individual relays, and the icons gets updated with a nice and shining light when on.

I have a question that I hope you maybe can lead me in the right direction for.

If I power off and on the relay module then the status information will be out of sync.

The relay module is capable of showing it status by sending the right commands, it also reports back directly after a command.

The question is, how can I read the status from the relay board at intervals defined.

Regards
TommyE

I'm looking forward to seeing your plugin on apps.mios.com :-D

/Regards

Cokeman

Well I haven't put anything up on MyMios, but for those of you who still have an interest in the relay card.
Here are the two files needed to get it up and running as 4 separate relays.

I don't have much experience with Luup code so this is a mix'n'match from the Somfy relay plugin found on MyMios.

It works on my VeraLite.

Regards
Tommy

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 04:14:46 am »
@TommyE,

Thank you so much! I'll give it a try ASAP. Don't suppose you tried activating the relays with a smart phone?

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2012, 04:49:17 am »
@TommyE,

Thank you! Works a treat. Simply uploaded your files and edited the main quad relay device adding two more ID's as shown. Really appreciate you uploading your files.

Offline TommyE

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2012, 11:08:26 am »

I'm glad it worked out :)

I would have uploaded the files earlier, but as things wanted it......

What can be done to them, is to clean out references to screens and so on.

I'll see if I get the time to do that, and put it on MyMios one of those days.

TommyE

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2012, 06:41:48 pm »
Don't suppose you've had any joy with getting feedback from the device in regards to the relay status? Is this even possible with the hardware?

Offline TommyE

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2012, 03:36:11 am »
Yes it is possible with the hardware, there is separate commands for reading the status of the relays.

Problem is that I don't know much aboout Lua coding, and I really need to dig into it.

For the time beeing my little project of using the relays for driving the actuators for my waterbased underfloor heating works quite well, and I will monitor it closely thru the cold season coming up now.

Don't be surprised if I update it with status, but again don't hold your breath :)

Regards
Tommy

Offline xbmcnut

« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2012, 05:19:16 pm »
Yes it is possible with the hardware, there is separate commands for reading the status of the relays.

Problem is that I don't know much aboout Lua coding, and I really need to dig into it.

For the time beeing my little project of using the relays for driving the actuators for my waterbased underfloor heating works quite well, and I will monitor it closely thru the cold season coming up now.

Don't be surprised if I update it with status, but again don't hold your breath :)

Regards
Tommy

@ TommyE
Any joy with getting feedback from the quad relay module?

Offline Maco

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 07:23:03 am »

Regards
Tommy

Tommy,

I am also looking fordward for your learnings and experience. I plan to use this relay to control some of my external lights.

Thank you !