Author Topic: Netatmo Temperature in PLEG is in Celsius  (Read 236 times)

Offline timtownsend

Netatmo Temperature in PLEG is in Celsius
« on: June 02, 2018, 11:53:55 pm »
I'm using the Vera ("Orange") plug-in for my Netatmo thermometer. Being a good American, my system is set to use Fahrenheit degrees. On the Device screen, the Netatmo devices report the temperature in Fahrenheit as expected. However if I set up a Device Property in PLEG for the Temperature from the outdoor module, the value is reported in degrees Celsius. It is very cumbersome to compare this value to other temperature values since they are in Fahrenheit and I have to do the math inside the PLEG condition.

Is there any way I can fix this? Would Vera support be able to help, or is this a PLEG issue?

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Netatmo Temperature in PLEG is in Celsius
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 03:20:43 pm »
I wonder if there is another variable that reports in F, unless the plug-in does the conversion from C to F for display purposes. I do not have the hardware so I do not know how it reports the temperature.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline timtownsend

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 03:27:22 pm »
There is only one "Temperature" property available in PLEG.

Offline timtownsend

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 12:35:15 am »
I just noticed that it also shows the Netatmo temperatures in Celsius in the iOS app.