Author Topic: Lutron RadioRA2 App  (Read 661 times)

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
Lutron RadioRA2 App
« on: June 03, 2018, 01:57:06 am »
Maybe it's just me... it is late.  I installed the Lutron RadioRA2 app and there's no username/password box anywhere to be found.  There used to be....I was running this app on this box just a few weeks ago.  Maybe I'm just too tired for this....

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
Re: Lutron RadioRA2 App
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 10:39:27 am »
Nobody? 

I installed on my other Vera Plus box and still there's no username/password field anymore.  Is the app now broken or did the latest updates kill it?

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 03:35:23 pm »
I do not have the device nor installed the plug-in. Is there a variable in advanced settings of the device to place the username/password?
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 03:40:35 pm »
I do not have the device nor installed the plug-in. Is there a variable in advanced settings of the device to place the username/password?

There used to be!!!

I installed it now on 2 vera plus units that I have and neither of them are showing the username/password entry fields that are needed to connect to the Lutron box via telnet.  The textbox for IP is still there so are the rest of them, but the username/password boxes are gone!!!

Offline cybrmage

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 04:21:08 pm »
All of the Lutron bridges that support telnet integration use a *HARDCODED* username/password.

Neither the username nor password can be changed.

There is no need for a username/password entry box, and the RadioRA2 plugin does not have them.

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 05:46:30 pm »
All of the Lutron bridges that support telnet integration use a *HARDCODED* username/password.

There is no need for a username/password entry box, and the RadioRA2 plugin does not have them.

There used to be a field in the app, now there isn't and it's not connecting to my bridge. 

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 08:47:23 pm »

That may be the case but the PLUGIN requires the credentials to work and the fields to input them are missing.  Now granted it would make sense if the credentials can't be changed to just hard code them.

luup_log:6: (Lutron RA2 Gateway PLugin)::(getInfo) : ERROR : Username or Password field cannot be blank or default! <0x76ed7520>

Offline gh208

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 06:27:14 am »
same problem here - anyone figure this out.  Vera is not pulling any of my RA2 devices or config... I am guessing its because it can't log in without a password or username

Offline gh208

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 08:40:42 am »
anyone figure this out.  I am about to toss this thing and move on.

Offline jeubanks

• Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 11:24:20 am »
anyone figure this out.  I am about to toss this thing and move on.

Vera support was ok but took their sweet time in getting this work around in place.  There's no official fix or resolution and the statement is a "bug has been filed" with no ETA on resolution.  This is a Vera created app and a Vera created problem and they just don't seem to care.  For those suffering there's the temp fix for it until Vera breaks it again

luup.attr_set("username","lutron",xx)
luup.attr_set("password","integration",xx)

--replace xx with the device ID of the Lutron plugin

Enter that as luup test code in apps -> develop.