We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Upgraded VeraEdge to latest Firmware 1.7.906 - lost all devices! HELP  (Read 2690 times)

Offline usafmjscott

Hello All,

I am new to home automation - but not new to new technology!   I have had the Veraedge now for 3+ weeks?  I have a schlage deadbolt, 4 door sensors, 3 motion detectors, 3 smart switches, 2 sirens, 1 minimote, 1 4-in-1 sensor - and ALL were working great!     I even had a few scenes working well!  :)

I logged into my console this morning to the "Hey - you have new firmware - go ahead and install it".   So I did a backup and saved it out on my network - and upon reboot - I have LOST ALL DEVICES.   They are all gone.   :(

Now I have the issue where all my devices think they are still paired to some device - so I have to go around and reset them all (not sure how to do that for each type of device).    I have tried to the RESTORE - no joy.

In the past - I have simply waited it out - and the thing usually repairs itself.    NOT THIS TIME...   

Any help would be appreciated  (I know now that I should NOT upgrade the firmware...)

Offline ddluk

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Upgraded VeraEdge to latest Firmware 1.7.906 - lost all devices! HELP
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:27:06 am »
During the upgrade process did you choose to keep current settings or restore to default?

Offline usafmjscott

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:40:04 am »
Well - I am sure that I said to keep all settings.  All of my "rooms" and "scenes" are there - but just no devices.  I did not receive any kind of warning that I was going to reset everything?

Is there a specific check-mark box I had to click to KEEP everything?   If so - then why was it not checked by default for the user?

I have tried to do a couple restores now (even from the one I saved on my local network) - and nothing seems to work?   Any hack I can use?

Offline ch.viala

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 12:14:57 pm »
I have exactly the same problem. I don't understand.

Offline ZwaveOutlet

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 01:09:48 pm »
If you haven't reset all of your devices yet you can try this. (if you already wiped out the settings in your devices then you are out of luck)
Make sure that back up is in a safe place and you keep that until this is fixed.
Run a system heal. This may re populate your devices.  If this doesn?t work then wait for vera support. They will probably have you revert to prior version and restore back up. Vera support is backed up right now so there is delayed wait times. I have had similar issues before and have seen where this does work.

Requesting some background info:
How many devices do you have? What type of devices? Is the z-wave network laid out well?   

Offline dantelope

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 09:05:11 pm »
Dumb question but for those claiming they lost all their devices, did you try deleting your cache on the browser? I saw a blank device page after the upgrade but my mobile app saw the devices. So I dropped the cache and presto, everything reappeared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Ray-T

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 09:39:36 am »
I also lost all my devices after the upgrade on my VeraLite with UI7. Logged out and back in and all the devices came back with no problems since.

Offline usafmjscott

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 10:05:03 am »
Hello All,

Ok - I have figured it out with the help from John @ Vera Support.   When I did the restore - there is a button there "Restore the Z Wave network" and I thought it was "checked".  It is not.     So I did the restore from the backup I did - and checked the box "restore z wave network" - and all came back fine.

So far, so good.