We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Problem with UI5 and IP Cameras  (Read 18650 times)

Offline cedriclocqueneux

Re: Problem with UI5 and IP Cameras
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 05:33:53 am »
Same problem here :(
I have deleted all my cameras with your tips, but now i can't add cameras anymore :/

Sometimes i can see the message download plugin 7 and download plugin 188. I don't know what plugin it is, but Vera is very slow with theses messages.

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:54 am »
@osmosis, you are seeing two copies because there is a copy in /etc/cmh-lu and another in /etc/cmh-ludl. From what I understand if you go and "download" the files in Vera you will download the ones in /etc/cmh-ludl. Also, those are the ones that Vera is probably using now, but you want to Vera to use the ones in /etc/cmh-lu which are the official / newer copies that come with UI5. I would probably download a copy of the files through vera (as a backup) and then follow my instructions in reply #8 on this thread to remove the copy in /etc/cmh-ludl.

@cedriclocqueneux, plugin #7 is the pluggin for the Panasonic IP Camera with Pan/Tilt/Zoom (http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=7) and plugin #188 is the SQ Remote iPhone (http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=188).

My best guess is that these are plugins which have not yet been updated to UI5 but Vera is trying to download the UI5 updated versions? For me, with plugin #5, removing the plugin related files from /etc/cmh-ludl got rid of the message. Hopefully someone else can chime in with a solution that doesn't involve ssh'ing into Vera?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 09:16:39 am »
When upgrading from UI4 to UI5 all the existing plugins are updated from apps.mios.com. But in UI5, the Generic IP Camera Plugin doesn't exist anymore, so when MiOS tries to update it, it can't find it, that's why you see that error. Uninstalling the camera plugin should fix this.

Offline cedriclocqueneux

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011, 09:22:14 am »
Ok. But the plugin is not in the installed apps list, so how can we uninstall it ? It seems that the only solution is to delete some files with ssh connection, but what files ?

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 09:57:09 am »
Use this code to delete the camera files. Go to Apps >> Develop Apps >> Test Luup Code (Lua) and run the code.

Code: [Select]
local PATH = "/etc/cmh-ludl/"
local FILES = { "S_DigitalSecurityCameraSettings1.xml.lzo", "S_DigitalSecurityCameraStillImage1.xml.lzo", "S_PanTiltZoom1.xml.lzo",
                "D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.json.lzo", "D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml.lzo", "I_PanasonicPTZ.xml.lzo" }

for i, fileName in ipairs(FILES) do
    local file = PATH..fileName
    os.execute("rm "..file)
    luup.log("Deleted '"..file.."' (file "..i.."/"..#FILES..").")
end
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:54:50 am by mcvflorin »

Offline cedriclocqueneux

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »
This code doesn't work, because files have extension .lzo (xml.lzo, json.lzo, etc...).
But i deleted theses files, now i can add camera.
I have a last problem: i have a little converter that convert 4 analog camera into IP. I can access theses 4 cameras with adress like

http://192.168.2.40:81/usr/yoics1.jpg
http://192.168.2.40:81/usr/yoics2.jpg
http://192.168.2.40:81/usr/yoics3.jpg
http://192.168.2.40:81/usr/yoics4.jpg

On UI4, it worked fine, but in UI5 it seems i can't add more than 1 camera with the same adresse :( It's really a problem for me, is it possible to delete this limitation ?

Offline osmosis

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 05:48:15 pm »
Use this code to delete the camera files. Go to Apps >> Develop Apps >> Test Luup Code (Lua) and run the code.

Code: [Select]
local PATH = "/etc/cmh-ludl/"
local FILES = { "S_DigitalSecurityCameraSettings1.xml", "S_DigitalSecurityCameraStillImage1.xml", "S_PanTiltZoom1.xml",
                "D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.json", "D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml", "I_PanasonicPTZ.xml" }

for i, fileName in ipairs(FILES) do
    local file = PATH..fileName
    os.execute("rm "..file)
    luup.log("Deleted '"..file.."' (file "..i.."/"..#FILES..").")
end

This didn't net me anything, But I will attempt to SSH in and delete.

Offline radarengineer

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2011, 11:42:06 pm »
@cedriclocqueneux, I had the same problem. The workaround I used is I added the first camera (http://192.168.2.40:81/usr/yoics1.jpg), then enter its settings and change its IP to something that no other devices are using. Repeat for all cameras, making sure after they are added you assign them to different unused IPs. I have four cameras as well that have duplicate IPs/ports and they work fine once I installed them.

After all cameras are added you can go back and fix the IPs in settings. It is only when adding a device that the IP conflict seems to matter.

@osmosis, as @cedriclocqueneux mentioned you that code fragment from @mcvflorin is missing the ".lzo". So "S_DigitalSecurityCameraSettings1.xml" should be "S_DigitalSecurityCameraSettings1.xml.lzo", etc. You could try changing adding that extension and rerunning if you don't want to ssh in.  Personally I find ssh easier, although I know that micasaverde doesn't provide support if you have gone in and changed things with ssh (until you reflash I think?) which is reasonable as I if you don't know what you are doing you can mess things up pretty easily.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 12:56:42 am »
I corrected the code by adding .lzo at the end.

Offline cedriclocqueneux

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 02:36:28 am »
@cedriclocqueneux, I had the same problem. The workaround I used is I added the first camera (http://192.168.2.40:81/usr/yoics1.jpg), then enter its settings and change its IP to something that no other devices are using. Repeat for all cameras, making sure after they are added you assign them to different unused IPs. I have four cameras as well that have duplicate IPs/ports and they work fine once I installed them.

After all cameras are added you can go back and fix the IPs in settings. It is only when adding a device that the IP conflict seems to matter.

Thanks for the tip, i can now see all my cameras, with the new configuration :D

Offline farazy

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2012, 01:07:10 pm »
@mcvflorin,
the ui5 add camera wizard doesnt allow folks to mention the camera's listening port, everyone I know who have cameras on there home network have them on non-standard(i.e. non 80) ports, where as your wizard assumes the camera to be listening on port 80, you need to add one more screen/transition to your "add camera wizard,
which is when you do not get a response from the ip that the user selects (by clicking on "add manually") you should ask the user

"is your camera configured to listen on a non-standard port? what is that port"

this way the add camera interface remains simple by not showing that screen to people with standrad ports yet is flexible enough to work with non-standard port, this will really address most camera issuess.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2012, 01:32:44 pm »
You can specify the port after the ip address. e.g. 192.168.0.123:8123

- Garrett

Offline farazy

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »
Garett,
the wizard I am talking about does'nt let you enter the ip address only,
it either lets you select an ipaddress from a list or
asks you to enter the full picture grabbing camera specific url,
most folks might know the port, but not the device specific url, since mios already has that url knowledge so just letting add edit the port info will be very useful,

Faraz 

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2012, 12:29:38 am »
@farazy,

Welcome!

[...]everyone I know who have cameras on there home network have them on non-standard(i.e. non 80) ports, [...]
I got mine all on 80. :) Also, as far as I'm aware, Vera did not support remote streaming for ports other than 80 with UI4. Haven't checked for UI5.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:10 am »
@farazy
We are aware of that and it's on our TODO list for the near future.