We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Initial views on Google TV (Revue)  (Read 6273 times)

Offline hifs

Initial views on Google TV (Revue)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 09:45:58 am »
How does this Google Tv plugin work? Does it require something to be installed on the Vera 3 or is it just using the mops Api's?

Also I am in the market for a new tv. Are there other contenders that can control my Vera? What about Tv's that have APIs where I can control them with the Vera?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Initial views on Google TV (Revue)
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 10:08:01 am »
This is not a plugin but an app that installed on the google tv. The app can be found in the play store for google tv. You than have control of your vera from your tv.

- Garrett

Offline kkl

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 03:22:27 pm »
I just noticed this thread.  I have a Logitech Revue with the latest firmware.  I haven't been able to update AutHomationHD through GooglePlay for quite a long time.  An error message is displayed that says,  "There was a problem during update.  The application is not compatible with tv."  This kind of problem seems to be pretty common with Android.   

Offline radix

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 10:01:43 am »
I figured I would bring this up once more. I have a Revue (x86) running firmware 3.2 (the last) and I cannot see AutHomation in the Play Store. If I download it directly from the creator it installs and runs fine. I have tested version 1.4.1 on the review and it works. The same is also true for my Sony NSZ-GS7 (ARM) Google TV also running 3.2. My guess is that the manifest needs to be updated. Please consider doing this as its great to get updates via the Play store. If I can be of assistance testing or in any other way just let me know.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 11:11:34 am »
The manifest should be correct for google tv. I do not know why it is not showing up in the play store for the google tv. I can verify that it is not showing up on mine. Let me see what is going on and will update. The 1.4.1 release is a very old release and the latest version should be 2.0.3.1.

- Garrett

Offline radix

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 07:05:21 pm »
Thank you for looking into this, any results? I was wrong I am running the latest version as downloaded directly from your site. I had assumed that I was running 1.4.1 because it was the last version listed in the releases sticky post (http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,8156.0.html). Thanks for all your good work on this app!

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 09:29:49 pm »
Yes, I have. It looks like Google is not allowing it on the market for Google TV because it uses the microphone for the voice search. Which the revue does not have.

- Garrett

Offline radix

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 11:16:06 am »
I see that makes sense. I have seen other apps that use options not available on Google TV units. Is there anyway to set the microphone as optional?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 12:00:29 pm »
Unfortunately it does not look like it is possible. The only way to get it fully supported in the market is to remove the voice recognition option from them app itself.

- Garrett

Offline radix

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2012, 12:02:04 pm »
Wow, that sucks. So are you considering making a for Google TV version sans voice support or should we just download directly from your site?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 12:15:53 pm »
Sadly I am already maintaining two different code bases for Android 2.3 and older and Android 3.1 and newer. I really do not want to maintain three different versions as two is already hard enough when fixing bugs and adding new features, etc. For the time being I would download it from the link in the forum. I know it is not the best solution, but until I can figure something out, that is the only solution for now. My apologies.

- Garrett

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 02:12:59 pm »
For the time being I would download it from the link in the forum. I know it is not the best solution, but until I can figure something out, that is the only solution for now.
Right; I just pull up the forum in Chrome on the Revue and click on the Wuala link to kick off the download. Easy enough.
Dezwaved at the moment...