We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!  (Read 109460 times)

Offline hmspain

Re: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2014, 10:36:49 am »
My Minimotes (3) all seem to go insane periodically.  the solution I found was to REMOVE them from the Zwave network, RE-ADD them to Zwave, and configure the scenes (once), save, wait for the confirmation.  Make sure to log back into your Vera after you configure the scenes; I assumed the set didn't work because I didn't see the scenes... :-)
VeraPlus, Nest Cameras (6), Siren, Hue Bulbs/Strips/Blooms (65), Fan Dimmer (6), Aeon 4-in-1s (10), Water Sensors (3), Z-Wave Switches (20), Nest Smoke/CO Protects (5), Ecobee 3, HEM Gen2s (2)

Offline wbeard6142

« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2014, 12:24:07 am »
I followed the directions from posting 47. To make the minimote dim the lights up and down for a long press, but when I short press to save the light level.  It jumps back to 100%.  How can I get the minimote to stop at the light level I want when holding down the long press to dim.

Thanks

Offline stumax

« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2014, 11:43:01 am »
Just bought a new Vera Edge with UI7 after my Vera 2 recently died. My 2 minimotes worked perfectly as long as the Vera 2 had been working.

Now I'm unable to get these to work with the new Vera Edge. I have tried the UI7 instructions in posts #106 and #119 without any luck. I have paired them using both "Other zwave device" and "Generic wave device." I have tried configuring with and without setting the number of buttons in the device settings. I have tried adding the remote directly to scenes using device triggers "scene number X is activated" (and deactivated). I can't get any combination of these to work. Between each attempt, I have reset the remote by pressing the associate and learn buttons until the blinking stops.

Do you think that it's the new Vera Edge? It has been working well so far except for this problem. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 11:45:15 am by stumax »

Offline ng191

« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2014, 05:01:34 am »

Now I'm unable to get these to work with the new Vera Edge. I have tried the UI7 instructions in posts #106 and #119 without any luck. I have paired them using both "Other zwave device" and "Generic wave device." I have tried configuring with and without setting the number of buttons in the device settings. I have tried adding the remote directly to scenes using device triggers "scene number X is activated" (and deactivated). I can't get any combination of these to work. Between each attempt, I have reset the remote by pressing the associate and learn buttons until the blinking stops.

I'm in a similar boat. I added one of mine a few weeks ago. It shows up correctly and has settings for scenes for both on and off states for all 4 buttons. I added a new one today and don't get the off states, and despite binding it to scenes nothing appears to happen when I press any buttons.

This is on a Vera3.

Offline stumax

« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2014, 09:45:07 am »
Just bought a new Vera Edge with UI7 after my Vera 2 recently died. My 2 minimotes worked perfectly as long as the Vera 2 had been working.

Do you think that it's the new Vera Edge? It has been working well so far except for this problem. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Follow-up: I have both minimotes working now on Vera Edge with UI7. Both were added through the inclusion mode enabled via the iOS Homewave app. It's on the Vera settings screen. I assume the the external inclusion button would work too.

I did not configure the number of buttons in the device settings. Each button was added individually as a device trigger for one of eight different scenes. All working properly now.

As above, I couldn't get the minimotes to work through the vera web interface.

Offline Raladic

« Reply #125 on: December 23, 2014, 07:46:01 pm »
Anyone having success with Vera Edge and UI7 through the web?

I have the device included in Vera and I did the reconfigure, which polled the version number from the device (I have updated it to the latest firmware before that), so I believe Vera can talk to the remote just fine.

However pressing or holding the scene buttons does nothing despite everything looking okay in the Vera config.

Offline AZJowett

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2015, 07:50:59 am »
How To Set Up Vera3 with MiniMote DSA03202v1:

1. Go To: http://www.aeon-labs.com
2. Update your MiniMote Firmware to 1.19.
3. Reset your MiniMote: Hold "Blank" and "Join" buttons down together until the lights stop blinking.
4. On your Vera3 (go to "Devices=>Add a Device=>Hand Held=>Key Fob (Z-Wave Me Key Fob).
5. Go through the Device setup until the Vera3 z-wave light is blinking slowly.
6. Take your MiniMote close to the Vera3 and push the "Join? button".
7. The z-wave LED on the Vera3 and the LEDs on the MiniMote will start to blink fast and stop again.
8. Wait a couple of minutes until the lua engine is restarted.  Wait 2 minutes.  The z-wave light on the Vera3 may or may not be blinking anymore.  You might need to click elsewhere to exit the setup now.

SEQUENCE:  Set Up Scene using Manual Trigger-Get Scene Number-Edit Scene-Change Manual Trigger to Remote-Choose Activate (for Short push) OR Deactivate (for Long push) then enter Scene number you are editing-Validate and finish.

9. Go to "Scenes" on the Vera3.  Setup the scenes you want using the Device=Manual.  You will come back later and tie it to the MiniMote.  Setup one scene for ON(Activated) and one scene for OFF(Deactivated) as each of the 4 buttons on the MiniMote can be programed to do 2 things.

Write down the Scene numbers to identify it/them for the next step.

10. Go to ?Scenes? again.  NOW edit each scene you just set up and change the trigger to be a Device then choose the MiniMote.  It will show that the MiniMote is now the trigger but the internal scene number must be assigned from 9 above.  Once done, validate then go to Finish.

11. LAST-Go to "Devices" on the Vera3.  Choose the MiniMote to Edit.  Go to Select Scenes to be assigned to Buttons.  Assign Scenes set up above to each Button.

MiniMote:  On = Short press of button     OFF = Long press of button

Now the scenes should show all the buttons assigned and the scenes with the scene #s.  Be sure to click Save Changes.

Offline dmitryos

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2015, 05:43:09 pm »
Hi guys,

Also worked a bit with the minimote and this delay really makes calling the scenes a bit unpredictable (if you need for example slightly open the blinds but need to wait this delay until Vera gets the next stop command).

Do you know if this is a remote controller hardware behavior or somewhat in the mios code? Any possible way to bypass it (tried to reset last scene variable in mios but it didn't help).

Would really appreciate any suggestion,

Thank you,
Dmitry

Notes:
Because the short press double as on/off and stop action, you can not go to the off state immediately after changing the level; there is a time-out, currently set at 4 seconds.

Also, the poll after on/off is done with a delay, currently set at 3 seconds, to give the dimmer time to ramp up/down to the final state; otherwise the wrong value will be polled.

So when testing this, keep the slightly altered button behavior and the time-outs/delays in mind.

Offline Kullematz

« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2015, 07:59:12 am »
I don't see/feel there is a (noteworthy) delay with my two Minimote under VeraLite UI5.

Offline dmitryos

« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2015, 08:02:36 am »
Ok. But if you click a button (short click) and then in a second click it (short one)  again - will the scene runs twice? or the second time it will skipped?
Thank you,
Dmitry

Offline Kullematz

« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2015, 08:37:44 am »
I would say skipped, because there is interruption in the scene. On key1 I have two scenes, short click for shutters up, long click for shutter down. Let's assume the shutter is down and I click (short) key1 inside a second or so twice, there will be no interruption in the movement of the shutter.

Offline alsie

« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2015, 05:26:59 pm »
Hello,

I tried to connect a minimote to my new Vera Edge. I followed the whole procedure, the device is listed correctly.

the scenes are existing and running well   but the remote push buttons fail to activate the commands .

What else can I do ?

Thank you ,

Dan                                                       

So after updating my Vera2 to UI5 / Firmware 1.5.233 I just added the Aeon Labs MiniMote (Firmware 1.17) as a secondary zwave scene controller, AND IT'S A FULLY FUNCTIONAL SCENE CONTROLLER!

I can run predefined scenes on the vera using the Minimote! See Screenshots attached:

HowTo (or at least what worked in my case):

1. Go To: http://www.aeon-labs.com/site/products/view/3/
2. Update your MiniMote Firmware to 1.17.
3. Reset your MiniMote: Hold "Associate" and "Learn" until the lights stop blinking.
4. On your Vera2 (has to run on UI5 1.5.233 or 1.5.255) go to "Devices=>Add a Device=>Advanced zwave devices" Add a secondary" battery operated handheld remotes"
5. Now the zwave light on your vera starts blinking slowly.
6. Take your MiniMote close to the vera and push the "Learn Button".
7. The zwave led on the vera and the leds on the minimote will start to blink fast and stop again.
8. Wait a couple of minutes until the lua engine is restarted and the zwave light on the vera is not blinking anymore.
9. The go to "Devices=>Other" in the vera UI5. Click the wrench-button (settings) of the device "_MiniMote".
10. Choose which scene to run on which button in the "Scenes"-Tab
11. Close the Settings Window and click save.
12. Wait for lua to restart and try.

Works on ver2 and vera3.

Offline dwaleke

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2015, 12:06:53 pm »
I recently upgraded my Vera Edge to v1.7.1142 and now the Minimotes no longer work correctly.

I followed all the info from the last few pages and no matter what i do I can only program button 1 and 2 correctly on a quick press.

So avoid 1.7.1142 if you use the Minimote and the Edge.

Offline copperlab

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2015, 04:28:06 pm »
Same problem here. Have tried setting up without going to scene selection on device. And through scene selection on device. Button 1 does nothing. Button 2 does what is assigned to button one. And so on. So weird.

Offline mronayne

« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2015, 11:36:40 am »
Programming the MiniMote was never very straightforward but I had it figured out. That is until I upgraded to the Vere Edge Firmware version 1.7.1142. No, as with other people, I can only get Button 1 to work. I can at least get it to turn one scene on (short push) / off (long push). Buttons 2,3,4 are all non-functional! What a mess!