We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!  (Read 109460 times)

Offline jcomega

Re: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2015, 09:29:40 am »
Hello,

Since the last UI7 update, the problem has been solved. (1.7.599)

Thanks for the devellopers ! ;D

Offline MNB

« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2015, 01:51:51 pm »
Ok, I'm going to ask a simple question has anyone got the Gen5 Aeon Lab Minimote to work with the latest UI7 (vera 3)? If so would you take some time and edumate (sic) us on how you were able to get your minimote to work with all eight buttons? Parsing through the various threads I see how to setup the older version minimotes but not the newer one. Many thanxs in advance.

Update - I started a new thread specifically centered around UI7 and the Gen 5 MiniMote.     "Aeon Labs MiniMote (gen5) functional Scene Controller in UI.7 version 1.7.599" http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,32670.0.html and provide the procedure to getting it to work.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:41:15 pm by MNB »
Edge-1.7.2607, VRI06-1LX Dimr (6), VS05-1LX Sw (4), GE ZW3002 Dimr (1), HA01C Outlet (12), HA02C Sw (6), HA04C Sw (4), GE Sw (2), HA05 Sw (3), MiniMote Contr (5), HSM200/100 Sensor (2), ZW100A Sensor (8), Nest thermostat (1) & Protect Fire/CO (6) Kwikset Locks (3), F18918W (1) & IP3M-9 (6) Cam's

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2015, 08:33:01 pm »
To add the device I recommend using the Handheld Aeon KeyFob if you have the V1 MiniMote and the Aeon KeyFob Zwave+ if you have the V2 MiniMote
Keep the MiniMote very close to Vera when pairing, and let the timer run out to give the Vera time to configure the remote, then hit Exit.

The Button Mapping has changed:
Note that if you don't get 8 buttons listed on the Scene's menu by default the pairing wasn't fully successful, delete and start again.

Button 1 (upper left) - 1
Button 1 Long Press -2
Button 2 (upper right) - 3
Button 2 Long Press - 4
Button 3 (lower left)- 5
Button 3 Long Press- 6
Button 4 (lower right)- 7
Button 4 Long Press- 8

Offline VeraEdger

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2015, 07:13:37 am »
So this one works fine with Vera Edge, running latest juni firmware?

edit: yes it works.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 03:07:32 pm by VeraEdger »

Offline tb001

« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2015, 01:20:36 pm »
How To Set Up Vera3 with MiniMote DSA03202v1:

1. Go To: http://www.aeon-labs.com
2. Update your MiniMote Firmware to 1.19.
3. Reset your MiniMote: Hold "Blank" and "Join" buttons down together until the lights stop blinking.
4. On your Vera3 (go to "Devices=>Add a Device=>Hand Held=>Key Fob (Z-Wave Me Key Fob).
5. Go through the Device setup until the Vera3 z-wave light is blinking slowly.
6. Take your MiniMote close to the Vera3 and push the "Join? button".
7. The z-wave LED on the Vera3 and the LEDs on the MiniMote will start to blink fast and stop again.
8. Wait a couple of minutes until the lua engine is restarted.  Wait 2 minutes.  The z-wave light on the Vera3 may or may not be blinking anymore.  You might need to click elsewhere to exit the setup now.

SEQUENCE:  Set Up Scene using Manual Trigger-Get Scene Number-Edit Scene-Change Manual Trigger to Remote-Choose Activate (for Short push) OR Deactivate (for Long push) then enter Scene number you are editing-Validate and finish.

9. Go to "Scenes" on the Vera3.  Setup the scenes you want using the Device=Manual.  You will come back later and tie it to the MiniMote.  Setup one scene for ON(Activated) and one scene for OFF(Deactivated) as each of the 4 buttons on the MiniMote can be programed to do 2 things.

Write down the Scene numbers to identify it/them for the next step.

10. Go to ?Scenes? again.  NOW edit each scene you just set up and change the trigger to be a Device then choose the MiniMote.  It will show that the MiniMote is now the trigger but the internal scene number must be assigned from 9 above.  Once done, validate then go to Finish.

11. LAST-Go to "Devices" on the Vera3.  Choose the MiniMote to Edit.  Go to Select Scenes to be assigned to Buttons.  Assign Scenes set up above to each Button.

MiniMote:  On = Short press of button     OFF = Long press of button

Now the scenes should show all the buttons assigned and the scenes with the scene #s.  Be sure to click Save Changes.

Thanks for writing this up. We bought a 3-pack on amazon. Setup was easy, thanks to the instructions above, and just loving these things! So far, working extremely reliably at a fair distance from our controller. I can easily see getting more of them. The only challenging part is watching everyone point them at the device they're trying to control and not laughing :)

Offline ionizer

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »
Ok, so I did this:

Upgraded firmware on remote
went to UI5 in Vera Lite and added handheld remote battery
went to vera lite device with remote and hit "JOIN" button (my bottom panel only has +/- Device, a blank button an a Join wifi looking button)
When i hit join, the remote blinked blue and the blinking orange button on the veralite went off.  nothing seemed to be happening other than the remote kept blinking blue. thinking nothing was going on after 15 seconds, i hit join again.
After a very short time after that, the remote blinked orange and then went off.
The vera lite remained with the 2nd light not being on.

I went back to reload the UI5 GUI and i dont see anything added.

should i try again? did i do something wrong?

Offline tec

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2015, 09:49:55 pm »
With UI7 (1.7.690), It appears to have gotten simpler.  I paired the the MiniMote per the instructions.  I did need to refresh the Vera page after waiting a few minutes to get the MiniMote to show up.  The steps regarding scene numbers were confusing and now appear to be unnecessary.  I was able to create a scene with MiniMote as the trigger.  Then 'Devices->MiniMote->Select scenes for devices buttons'.  I was given 8 choices, a tap and long press for each numbered button and the associated scene.  Button 1 worked for both tap and long press.

I finally feel this z-wave stuff is starting to live up to its promise.

Offline bratan

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2015, 06:34:19 pm »
I just got my second minimote and I think something is wrong with it...
I updated firmware to 1.19
It won't reset when I hold blank and join buttons.  When I hold them, blue light blinks once, then red one is blinking slowly...forever!
I tried adding it to my Vera Light per instructions, but it doesn't see it... Is it defective?
There's a tiny hole under Join button. Could it be hard reset switch? It can also be light sensor, in that case I don't want to poke it with needle :)

EDIT: Figured it out. Looks like "join" button wasn't making good contact. Instead of pressing both buttons simultaneously, I held "join" first and then "blank" and it worked. After reset it paired with Vera.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 10:56:25 pm by bratan »

Offline battars

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2015, 01:47:20 am »
Is there a way to keep the minimote in secondary mode, so that you can use its native dimming capabilities, and link one of the buttons to a ZRTSI? The problem I'm having on my ZRTSI II is that once a zwave node in it is linked to Vera, that particular node is missing from the list of nodes you can press to include.

Offline bsteimel

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #144 on: January 06, 2016, 02:16:01 pm »
Has anyone got the MiniMote to report battery percentage?  I just had a remote go out and realized that I don't see it on the screen.  It would be really nice. 

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #145 on: January 06, 2016, 04:15:48 pm »
No.  It's never worked for me.  On the plus side, however, they do hold a charge for a few months at a time, I find.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline NickTheGreat

« Reply #146 on: January 07, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »
No.  It's never worked for me.  On the plus side, however, they do hold a charge for a few months at a time, I find.

It would be nice to know in advance.  You're right though, I only have to charge mine a few times a year. 

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #147 on: January 07, 2016, 02:38:22 pm »
Yes, I just set my polling to 0 on these devices.  Since the Battery reporting doesn't work, and they move arround in the mesh, seems no reason to have polling turned on, further conserving battery life.

Offline kyb2012

« Reply #148 on: January 17, 2016, 07:04:24 pm »
This is the best thread to get the minimote working.  Didn't realize that I had to use low power inclusion and hold the minimote close to vera during inclusion.
Everything worked.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Offline zant

« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2016, 05:18:16 am »
Played with the Minimote (MM) a bit over the weekend to look into options related to controlling dimmers.

By default the MM acts as a scene controller, triggering 4x2 scenes in Vera, losing the ability to change the level of a dimmer from the MM, as previously discussed. There are some workarounds.

Experimental / Beta
Given this uses poorly or un-documented low-level Z-Wave commands and features, and has some delays that may be device dependent, we'll need to see how well the stuff below works for folks. It was tested with a Leviton and a GE plug-in dimmer. 

Method A - Make it a regular secondary controller
Put the following in the Luup sandbox (Apps > Develop Apps > Test Luup code (Lua)):

Code: [Select]
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='x70 4 250 1 0'},1)(Replace <nodeID> with the nodeID of the MM; this is what is shown on the MM's Settings tab as ID (not Device #).)

Then, while holding the top left button on the MM, click the Go button on the Dashboard.
(The SendData command does not get put on the Wake-Up queue; hence the clunky method to keep the MM awake by holding a button and then sending the command.)

This now controls dimmers the same way as when the MM is primary.

Notes:
Having the MM control the lights directly is nice, but because Vera isn't in the loop, the status of the dimmer is not updated in Vera until the next poll. So make sure to enable polling for any devices controlled by the MM that support instant status updates (e.g. Leviton), as by default Vera does not poll these devices. Also, for faster updates, you could write a scene on a periodic timer that polls all devices controlled by the MM, and see how it performs.

This method is easy to enable and may suffice if only controlling some lighting devices. If you also want the scene capability in Vera to do more complex things (with some of the buttons), then consider Method B.

To get back to the scene mode Vera normally configures the MM in (and required for Method B):
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='<nodeID>',Data='x70 4 250 1 1'},1)

Method B - Write scenes to control dimming
Write 2 scenes per button. One for activated and one for de-activated. Besides the appropriate trigger, put the following under the scene's Luup tab:

A scene is activated:
local DIMMER_DEVID    = <dimmerDevID>
local DIMMER_NODEID   = <dimmerNodeID>
local DIMMER_ON_VALUE = <dimmerOnValue>
local MINIMOTE_BUTTON = <mmButton>
local MINIMOTE_DEVID  = <mmDevID>
local DIMMING_TIMEOUT = 4
local POLL_HOLDOFF    = 3

local SC1_SID = 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1'
local ZN1_SID = 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1'
local HD1_SID = 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1'
local D1_SID  = 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1'

local lastSceneTime        = luup.variable_get(SC1_SID,'LastSceneTime', MINIMOTE_DEVID) or os.time()
local lastSceneDeactivated = luup.variable_get(SC1_SID,'sl_SceneDeactivated', MINIMOTE_DEVID) or 0
local loadLevelStatus      = luup.variable_get(D1_SID,'LoadLevelStatus', DIMMER_DEVID)

lastSceneTime        = tonumber(lastSceneTime)
lastSceneDeactivated = tonumber(lastSceneDeactivated)
loadLevelStatus      = tonumber(loadLevelStatus)

if ((os.difftime(os.time(),lastSceneTime) < DIMMING_TIMEOUT) and (lastSceneDeactivated == MINIMOTE_BUTTON)) then
  luup.call_action(ZN1_SID,'SendData',{Node=''..DIMMER_NODEID..'',Data='x26 5'},1)
  luup.call_action(HD1_SID,'Poll',{},DIMMER_DEVID)
  return true
else
  if (loadLevelStatus > 0) then
    luup.call_action(ZN1_SID,'SendData',{Node=''..DIMMER_NODEID..'',Data='x20 1 0'},1)
  else
    luup.call_action(ZN1_SID,'SendData',{Node=''..DIMMER_NODEID..'',Data='x20 1 '..DIMMER_ON_VALUE..''},1)
  end
  luup.sleep(1000*POLL_HOLDOFF)
  luup.call_action(HD1_SID,'Poll',{},DIMMER_DEVID)
  return true
end
Replace the following in the first 5 lines:
<dimmerDevID> with the Device# from the dimmer's Settings tab.
<dimmerNodeID> with the ID from the dimmer's Settings tab.
<dimmerOnValue> with the level the dimmer should be set to (1-100, 255=previous).
<mmButton> with the number of the MM's button (1-4).
<mmDevID> with the Device# from the MM's Settings tab.

A scene is de-activated:
local DIMMER_DEVID    = <dimmerDevID>
local DIMMER_NODEID   = <dimmerNodeID>
local DIM_THRESHOLD   = 50

local ZN1_SID = 'urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1'
local D1_SID  = 'urn:upnp-org:serviceId:Dimming1'

local loadLevelTarget = luup.variable_get(D1_SID,'LoadLevelTarget',DIMMER_DEVID)

loadLevelTarget = tonumber(loadLevelTarget)

if (loadLevelTarget >= DIM_THRESHOLD) then
  luup.call_action(ZN1_SID,'SendData',{Node=''..DIMMER_NODEID..'',Data='x26 4 x78 99'},1)
  luup.variable_set(D1_SID,'LoadLevelTarget','1',DIMMER_DEVID)
else
  luup.call_action(ZN1_SID,'SendData',{Node=''..DIMMER_NODEID..'',Data='x26 4 x38 1'},1)
  luup.variable_set(D1_SID,'LoadLevelTarget','100',DIMMER_DEVID)
end

return true
Replace the following in the first 2 lines:
<dimmerDevID> with the Device# from the dimmer's Settings tab.
<dimmerNodeID> with the ID from the dimmer's Settings tab.

A short press of the button should now toggle the dimmer on or off. When turned on, it will be set at the provisioned level (DIMMER_ON_VALUE); you can use 255 to 'go-to-previous'.

A long press of the button will start ramping up or down. The press only kicks it off, letting go of the button doesn't stop it; to stop the ramping do a short press.

A poll is done after all state changes, so the status in Vera should update.

Notes:
Because the short press double as on/off and stop action, you can not go to the off state immediately after changing the level; there is a time-out, currently set at 4 seconds.

Also, the poll after on/off is done with a delay, currently set at 3 seconds, to give the dimmer time to ramp up/down to the final state; otherwise the wrong value will be polled.

So when testing this, keep the slightly altered button behavior and the time-outs/delays in mind.

Method C - Program buttons to send any command
The MM allows the buttons to emit any sequence of bytes to any group of nodes, making it a very customizable device. This could be leveraged, however there appear to be only 2 events per button, so combining on/off and dimming with just 1 button may not be possibe. Given that, plus the complexity to get it set up, as well as the partial implementation of some of the command classes, making it a one-time-only/first-time-right kind of exercise, I decided to consider this method out-of-scope.

Hallo oTi@,

I'am new and don't have enough knowledge to programm a scene as you mentioned above.
I have a VeraPlus a Minimite and a Fibaro FDG212 Dimmer. I want to dim the light with the Minimote.
The mentioned Metode B is the functionality a want to use.
I copied this in the scene luup tab as mentioned (and changed the id's etc)
I use button 4 of the MM so i made one scene for activation and a other scene for de-activation.
Then in the device tab of my VeraPlus (UI7) I pick my Minimote and use for buton 4 short press the activation scene luup and buton 4 long press the de-activation scene luup.

All this did not result in a working dimming functionally.
Can you please help me to make this work for me.
Thanks in advance...