We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!  (Read 97468 times)

Offline LightsOn

Re: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2013, 06:35:52 am »
Hi Chixie,

This is my thought also but if vera is getting data and just not displaying it graphicaly then should work.  I have set up notificastions as you mention on my two minimotes and I shall post back with how I get on when the battery dies!

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2013, 10:55:14 am »
@LightsOn, @chixxi,

My note was intended as a general statement on how the battery level reporting appears to work and what you could attempt to get more frequent updates.

For the MiniMote specifically, mine does not show battery level either. Which might make sense, as the MiniMote does not wake-up regularly / does not support waking-up.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2013, 11:19:47 am »
thanks @oTi,

I will test as stated above and keep this thread updfated with finding.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2013, 01:50:36 pm »
[...] the MiniMote does not [...] support waking-up.
And does not support reporting battery level...

(And it appears battery level reports cannot be auto-pushed, so are always requested by the controller.)

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2013, 08:08:41 am »
so if they are only requested by vera then if the minimote is asleep then no report will be sent thus the liklyhood of the notification / alerts working is minimal then :-(

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2013, 09:26:36 am »
Yep, precisely; that's my expectation. In fact, the device does not appear to support the commands for battery level stuff. (So even if it were awake, nothing would happen.)

Offline Xanlle

« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2013, 06:51:46 am »
I connected the MiniMote to my vera 2 as described in the first post. My problem is that it takes a long time for a scene to be activated. I push a button on the remote, nothing happens....7 second later the light comes on. When I execute the same scene through the vera 2 web interface the light comes on within a second or so.
Any way to speed up the process with the MiniMote?

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2013, 07:16:10 am »
@Xanlle

Try again tomorrow and all might be well... or try a network 'heal'.  It's likely that the routing for this battery powered device is not yet fully accommodated in the Z-Wave network routing.  I have many of these devices - they work 'instantly' and reliably (if the underlying network is robustly configured).

oTi@, @LightsOn

Not so sure of the concern about battery level?  These are, at least, rechargeable and last for ages.  Also, do they not give some indication on the LEDs that they are low on battery charge anyway?
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline Pashak

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2013, 05:16:57 am »
Hey Guys,
Got an issue with my minimote. I had everything setup and working for a while.

Then button 1 stopped working, so i read through this thread, followed someones suggestions of, reset by holding associate and learn for 10 seconds, then remove and readd.

i should have thought about it then, and removed it first, then reset, then readded, but too late now.

when i went to remove it, it didnt find anything to remove when i hit the remove button. so tried including, and veralite not detecting that either.
so i force deleted the object in devices tab, which it did. but i still cant readd the device.
have tried rebooting vera also

So im out of ideas.
any help is appreciated

Andrew

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2013, 05:45:34 am »
Have you tried remove and add via Advanced section not remote section or device section. Try full power option. Just a thought.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2013, 04:29:19 pm »
Hi Pashak,

I have one remote and one broken up and encased in another box for a doorbell so the doorbell one is a pain to pull apart to get it to wake up.

I have found that when the battery dies I need to manually wake it up after charging and "configure node" again for all to resume normal functions.

As such with out a battery notification its a pain.  no major drama just a pain - really would have made sense to just have this on the firmware when released but never mind.  ::)

Offline Aaron

« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2013, 10:43:02 pm »
uys,
This thread is huge so I have not read it all... can these be used simply to link to Virtual Devices in Vera so to act like a "dumb" set of buttons to trigger Scenes?

thx

Offline chixxi

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2013, 01:28:52 am »
uys,
This thread is huge so I have not read it all... can these be used simply to link to Virtual Devices in Vera so to act like a "dumb" set of buttons to trigger Scenes?

thx

pretty lazy!

buttons can only be linked to scenes, but naturally you could make a scene which controls the virtal switches...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2013, 01:36:15 am »
thx for the info.

I don't think it is "lazy" not to attempt read through every single post on a thread this old, and this large. The thread is labeled "How to" but the first post has not been updated in 2 years. IF my answer is in there I might have not found it if it was buried as most of the posts look to be completely unrelated to my question.

again, thank you. I might get one to link to my security scenes.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2013, 01:42:53 am »
I don't think it is "lazy" not to attempt read through every single post on a thread this old, and this large. The thread is labeled "How to" but the first post has not been updated in 2 years. IF my answer is in there I might have not found it if it was buried as most of the posts look to be completely unrelated to my question.

I am the creator of the first post in this thread, and instead of complaining about it not beeing updated with all the info you lazy guys are wishing to find without any effort, you should be greatfull I provided any info at all for free!!!!! Remember, you bought that vera from micasaverde, not from all the guys in this forum which actually make this a useable device... And looking at the number of posts you have you should get that too.

But let's just let it bee and keep this thread clean. Hope you will achieve what you wish with the knowledge you have now.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.