We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!  (Read 99192 times)

Offline Aaron

Re: HowTo: Aeon Labs MiniMote fully functional Scene Controller in UI5!
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2013, 10:47:32 am »
I don't think it is "lazy" not to attempt read through every single post on a thread this old, and this large. The thread is labeled "How to" but the first post has not been updated in 2 years. IF my answer is in there I might have not found it if it was buried as most of the posts look to be completely unrelated to my question.

I am the creator of the first post in this thread, and instead of complaining about it not beeing updated with all the info you lazy guys are wishing to find without any effort, you should be greatfull I provided any info at all for free!!!!! Remember, you bought that vera from micasaverde, not from all the guys in this forum which actually make this a useable device... And looking at the number of posts you have you should get that too.

But let's just let it bee and keep this thread clean. Hope you will achieve what you wish with the knowledge you have now.

I was not complaining - I was stating a fact as to one reason I did not read all 75 posts. I did not expect you to up date post #1 - nor did I say I expected it. 

I, and everyone else I've seen here, respects and appreciated the contributions from the community members. This is why the Vera is a great device - not because of MCV.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2013, 10:56:33 am »
This is why the Vera is a great device - not because of MCV.

This is the very best and most truthful argument for the vera being a good device I have ever seen!

Anyway, did you find a solution to your problem?
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline Aaron

« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2013, 03:54:29 pm »
This is why the Vera is a great device - not because of MCV.

This is the very best and most truthful argument for the vera being a good device I have ever seen!

Anyway, did you find a solution to your problem?

Looks like I need to buy two MiniMote to link to my Security Scenes so I can hang them on my wall.  Any reason 'not' to do this?

Offline chixxi

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2013, 01:28:58 am »
Do you need to control 16 security scenes?! Each minimote can handle up to 8 scenes, even more if you work with double click's and so on (I think someone describe this in this thread...).

Another option would be to just use an old smartphone or build a box with the number of switches you need and use binary sensors (for example the new fibaro legd-rgb-controller which has 4 inputs...)
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline trenelly

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2013, 11:00:18 am »
HI,

I have tried to get my minimote to control scenes in the vera. I have the latest firmware (1.5.622) in the vera and the latest in the minimote also (1.17). The minimote will be detected by the vera pretty much as described, but when I come to connect scenes with buttons in the 'Scenes' tab I have no list of buttons to link with scenes. No lists of scenes either. Just two text lines - "Activate the following scenes when the buttons are turned on:   " and "Activate the following scenes when the buttons are turned off:" Not at all what I've seen in any instructions.

I did manage to use triggers to link the scenes to buttons. However, the button numbers are a bit odd. What I would imagine to be button 1 (short press on the top left button) is actually button 4, a long press on the same button is button 6 and a long press on the top right button is button 7.

Any ideas what's going on. Do I have an odd firmware version in Vera?

Any help appreciated.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2013, 07:18:01 am »
I have added and removed very many minimotes and never seen such a behaviour.

I would almost guess that it has something to do with your brwoser, but I guess you did a proper reload after installing the minimote? Maybe you could try to reload lua a couple of times, and also try to reconfigure your minimote.

Also it would be interessting what values you see in the advanced tab to compare with our setups.

Offline trenelly

« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2013, 08:13:45 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions, I will try them out tonight. I will also post some views of the _scene controller properties tabs that I'm getting.

Jason

Offline trenelly

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2013, 11:22:54 am »
Hi,

Please find a set of images from the properties of the scene controller.

I charged the device and found that led red led changed to blue which I though was promising. However, it made no difference.

I'm using MS Internet Explorer on Win 7, or Moxilla Firefox on Ubuntu.

Offline trenelly

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2013, 04:06:32 pm »
Hi,

I reset my Vera to factory defaults and reloaded all my devices and it worked as described.  Thanks for all your help.

Jason

Offline hogie

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2013, 05:44:18 pm »
Greetings all,

Does anyone know what the LEDs on the mini mote actually mean? Blue? Red? Flashing together?

And I see a little hole down near the Learn button. A hard reset? Any use for anyone?

Cheers,

ian

Offline SM2k

« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »
My minimote has firmware version 1.14, so I need to update it before it will work. All my machines are mac's so the update software obviously won't run. When I try to access the device using VMware, it doesn't show up as a USB device. I'm at a loss as to how I can get this thing working. Any ideas?

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2014, 05:18:19 am »
@SM2k

I do not know how to do this under a mac - if you are using VMware to run windows all should work - have you tried a different cable? also ensuring the drivers are installed on the virtual machine so as it can be recognised properly?

You may just find it quicker and easier to pester a friend or neighbour to borrow there PC for 5 minutes to quickly run the firmware update?

Good luck  :)

Offline SM2k

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2014, 02:42:43 pm »
It turned out to be a bad USB cable. :P I had switched cables and ruled that out. I guess I have 2 bad cables.

Offline LightsOn

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2014, 04:29:26 am »
@SM2k

Glad you got it sorted :-)

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2014, 06:24:37 am »
It turned out to be a bad USB cable. :P I had switched cables and ruled that out. I guess I have 2 bad cables.
Been there, done that... These were the Aeotec-supplied cables, presumably?
Dezwaved at the moment...