Author Topic: Minimote manual association with Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 FGRM222  (Read 408 times)

Offline chris66

My objective is simply to associate Minimote buttons with two of my roller shutters, in order them to be independant of Veralite UI7 controller (when crashes occurs...). Now working perfectly with Scenes.
I've seen differents guides from Aeotec https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000035629-in-depth-minimote-guide
or Fibaro: https://manuals.fibaro.com/roller-shutter-2/
or in this forum: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52916.msg338801.html#msg338801
There are also videos that explain this... https://aeotec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000133358-configuring-group-mode-in-vera-minimote-
But my problem is, I just want to execute manual association, as all documentations I've read tells me to use S1 or S2 buttons of FGRM222 ton configure the association automatically.
What I want to do, is associate
- Button 1 and Button 2 for dimming my Roller Shutter1 Up Down
- Button 3 and Button 4 for dimming my Roller Shutter2 Up Down
I've created a Group 1 on my Minimote device and Set it selecting my Shutter1, also create a Group 1 in FGRM222 and and selected Minimote. But at this point, I should be able to tell that I need to associate with Button 1 of Minimote, and a I'm very newbie with Groups and associations, I do not know how to proceed!
Any help welcome.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:31:40 am by chris66 »

Offline shallowearth

Re: Minimote manual association with Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 FGRM222
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:01:57 pm »
If you are in group mode, you don't use Associate, you program the behavior directly on the Minimote:

It should see the blinds as a dimmer (hopefully!)

1) Press and hold a scene, this will cause the minimote to blink rapidly (keep holding!)

2) Go to the device that you want to control (switch or dimmers only), and tap the button on the device (while still holding the minimote scene button down). The LED on the minimote should show a reaction [blink faster and turn solid for 1-2 seconds, then continue to blink]

3) Now here comes the interesting part [you should still be holding onto the scene button still!]

3.1) The Device is ON
-When you let go of the scene button when the device is ON, you can toggle the switch on and off.

3.2) The Device is OFF
-When you let go of the scene button when the device is OFF, you can only turn the switch off.

4) Determine what preference you want for the device from step 3.1 or step 3.2 then let go of the scene button.

5) Test, tap the scene button

6) Repeat steps 1-5 to add more control to other devices. (You can add multiple devices to a single scene button)

Note: You repeat the steps on the same button to add control to Multiple devices, if you repeat the steps above on the same device, you remove control on that device from that scene button.

Dimmers and Dimming

If there is a dimmer linked to a scene button, then you can press and hold it to dim it up or down. Let go of the scene button when you've come across the correct dimmness that you want.

Note: If you dimmed it up before, then it will dim down the next time you use the dimmer function.

Offline chris66

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 03:15:39 am »
Thanks for the accurate procedure. At the moment, I have no physical switch connected to S1 S2, just use my Fibaro Shutter to pilot the shutter. So I really need to connect a switch to complete your procedure, but I was wondering if it was possible to click on the Shutter Switch device from the UI7 interface instead of the physical button? But seems not to work...

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 03:48:39 pm »
The device sends out a slightly different signal when it is trigger by another z-wave device (like the Vera) vs a physical switch so the Minimote probably is ignoring that signal as "home automation noise" and not as the intent that you were trying to signal that that was the device you wanted to control, so a physical switch might be required.

I am also not 100% sure if the minimote is going to treat a blind like a dimmer and let you do the dim up/down.

Another option is to use scenes, I could see something like:
Top left button tap - Blind 1 raise by 10% increments with each tap
Top Left button hold - Blind 1 fully open

Lower left button tap -- Blind 1 lower by 10% increment with each tap

Lower Left button hold - blind 1 fully closed

You just need to right a little LUA code to do the raise by 10% or lower by 10%

Just look for examples of how to raise a dimmer by x number of steps, concept is similar for a blind.

Offline chris66

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:00:09 am »
Thanks, I use scenes for a long time now, I proceed differently:
Long hold button1 -> blind1 "down"
Short hold button1 -> blind1 "up"
Short hold button 2 -> blind1 "stop"
Long hold button3 -> blind2 "down"
Short hold button3 -> blind2 "up"
Short hold button 4 -> blind2 "stop"

It's working perfectly, but in the case there is something wrong with my Vera, not possible to manage blinds, because no buttons are connected to there blinds, bad concept at the beginning. So I was thinking about Groups, but I would need to install temp switches to S1 or S2 to configure. I thought it was a "parameter way" to proceed.
Anyway, thanks for your interest.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 04:53:27 pm »
You might be able to use a Cooper Battery Switch (that you stick on the wall) to do what you are looking for as you setup them up using direct association via the VERA so don't need a physical switch, but you would need two of them, and they are a little pricey.

Offline chris66

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2018, 05:40:03 am »
Thanks!