Author Topic: Neo Coolcam Motion Sensor not recognized as Motion Sensor neither door/window  (Read 1530 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
The attached screen shot is showing the Neo Coolcam motion sensor device in my Kitchen room.

One modified parent device that is now the motion sensor, previously it was the Generic IO device with the ON/OFF buttons.

And two child devices LUX and Temp etc.

The other child device that was the motion sensor originally has been hidden as its not needed.

Offline fje

• Sr. Newbie
Loud and clear !  :D

I feel I start to understand everything now?. Again, work to do tomorrow, as the door sensor was not working when I installed it.
And the new version of the NEO Motion only have 2 devices, motion and lux, temperature is gone.

Your help was really very valuable, I will write down some notes in order not to forget what I learnt, not only the way to install, but also some apps I discovered reading your posts.

Thanks again and I will come back when I will test again the door sensor.

Regards.

Javier

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Here is the same modified parent motion sensor device in the Imperihome app.

If you use the child motion sensor device instead, you will not have the battery status present at all.

Offline fje

• Sr. Newbie
Hi, cw-kid.

Could you also have a look to this topic:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,85521.0.html

for the case you could also have an idea of help on it as you did for me in this one?

Kind regards.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
I don't use Vera's own inbuilt notification system as I use the 3rd party plugin called "Vera Alerts".

I'd have to test the instructions you were given on the other thread to see if they work?

You could also as a tesy, unplug a plug in Z-Wave device if you have any? like an appliance plug or dimmer plug, to see if Vera sends you a notification about it not being reachable.

Offline fje

• Sr. Newbie
I also have the Vera Alerts plugin, and then Pushover, but I don't get a push alert for a device I got out the battery or when the controller is offline.

And, no, I don't have any plug device as an appliance device to test with?.

Thanks again.

regards.
javier

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
I just turned on the setting "Device Error Alert (a device in your Vera is not working properly)" and unplugged a device.

Waiting now to see if I get any notification ?

Offline fje

• Sr. Newbie
I saw it in the other topic, thanks.

Could you please try to do the same test putting offline (disconnecting from te network, for instance) the Vera controller and see if you get any alert? with sound?

Thanks.

Javier