Author Topic: VeraMate Gone For Good??  (Read 377 times)

Offline agoodman82

VeraMate Gone For Good??
« on: June 10, 2018, 02:38:52 am »
Sooo I just checked VeraMate's profile on the forums here and apparently he hasn't logged in since September 17, 2017...

I don't think this is good news for any of us VeraMate users now that notifications have stopped working in the app. I'm not sure if he's ever going to come back here anymore >:(

Offline Don Phillips

Re: VeraMate Gone For Good??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 03:13:53 pm »
I needed push notification functionality and went the Pushover route. Has actually been a bit of an improvement over VeraMate.  Still use VeraMate daily to look at and control stuff. I still think it is the best iPhone interface yet due to one's ability to customize.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline RichardPHarvey

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:18:19 pm »
Hey Don - I'm really missing push notifications myself so I'm attempting to get Push Over set up.  I created an account with Push Over and I loaded the IOS client.  From the Push Over website I can send a test message to mu phone just fine but Vera is the problem.  I installed the Push Notification MIOS app and have it configured with a customer app key that I created on the Push Over website but I can't seem to get test messages from that app to show up on my iPhone.  Any guidance...?

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 09:31:23 pm »
I use the Vera Alert plug-in. You can configure it to send notifications to VeraMate (which I did until it broke) or change over to Pushover. That is what I did.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 12:32:10 am »
Does Pushover have any advantages over Prowl??