Author Topic: Need Support with HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer  (Read 225 times)

Offline jimmyhtz

Need Support with HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:43:46 pm »
This product would be absolutely awesome, if only if it could work seamlessly with Vera.
HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer

It works as a normal light dimmer, but it has seven multicolored LEDs on the left of the paddle that you can control individually.

In 'Normal Mode' the LEDS are white and will show the level of brightness set on the dimmer.
In 'Status Mode' you can control each individual LED to be on/off, color, blink, blink rate.

For example.   I have it set to show RED on LED 1 if my Garage door is opened, (I don't know if my garage door is open or not from inside the house)  otherwise it is GREEN.   I have LED 2 do the same for the gate in my backyard and so on.

The difficult part is that the features are not controlled by Z-Wave commands, rather they are set with Z-Wave config parameters.
Which means until there is a plug-in, you need to use luup Code in order to change the individual LEDS conditionally.

I contacted customer support and they gave me the script to change the LEDs.

In order to use the status LEDs on the 200 series of dimmers and switches, you will need to create luup code in your scenes. Assuming you want to change a parameter on node 5, below is the likely vera luup code:

luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='XX',Data='112 4 A B C'},1)
?   112 is configuration Command Class
?   4 is the set command
?   A is the parameter to change
?   B is the length of the parameter
?   C is the value of the new parameter
?   XX is the is the device ID
Here is the instruction manual with the list of Parameters
In order to set the colors of the LEDs individually, you must first set the 'Dimmer Mode of Operation' to 'Status.'
This can be easily done in the Configuration Settings under Device Options for the device.
Set variable #13 to 1

The device features 'Multi-Tap' as a scene selector.   For example, Tap down five times to turn of the sirens.
This feature is controlled by the Central Scene Command Class information
I have no idea what to do with this information.

It would be a great service if someone proficient in programming Add-ons would write one for this.
According to HomeSeer, it is designed to work with their controller and they will not support Vera users other than provide the necessary information.

Offline jswim788

Re: Need Support with HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 05:56:07 pm »
The device features 'Multi-Tap' as a scene selector.   For example, Tap down five times to turn of the sirens.
This feature is controlled by the Central Scene Command Class information
I have no idea what to do with this information.
If you want it to work with Vera, you have to plead with them to add support.  For Z-wave command classes, the support has to come from Vera.  There is nothing a plugin writer can do about that.  (Unless there is something truly disgusting like tailing the log file and looking for Vera popping up an error message on something and then parsing and acting on the error - let's not go there.)

You are not limited to Homeseer for this.  I know that Z-way and openHAB support Central Scene.  But they're not Vera...

I'm a bit disappointed in the LED's, though.  I have the switch version, not the dimmer.  On mine, the LED is quite dim.  Some colors are only visible when the area is dark.  I wrote a review about this and HomeSeer never posted it nor did they respond to my tech support query.  That's one way to ensure your ratings are always high.

Offline jimmyhtz

Re: Need Support with HS-WD200+ Z-Wave Wall Dimmer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 04:40:57 pm »
I'm a bit disappointed in the LED's, though.  I have the switch version, not the dimmer.  On mine, the LED is quite dim.  Some colors are only visible when the area is dark.  I wrote a review about this and HomeSeer never posted it nor did they respond to my tech support query.  That's one way to ensure your ratings are always high.
I saw your review on the LEDs.   Mine seem to be bright enough for me to see from the other side of my bedroom at night.
Which is really the only time I use it.   I can also see it fine during the day when I am by the switch.
I am very color blind so I can't tell you much about the different colors.
I can tell the difference between Red and Blue, so when I have it monitor all my outside gates and garage door.
Blue means it's closed, Red means it's opened.

Works perfectly for me.