Author Topic: DSC Alarm  (Read 206 times)

Offline aohome

DSC Alarm
« on: June 13, 2018, 06:05:49 pm »
I have recently fiddled with my USB port and tried to add a extender to it. I have my DSC alarm plug in via IT100 serial port adaptor. I want to do data logging and need a memory stick plugged in as well (VERALITE only has 1 USB port)
It has caused alot of faulting and I have reset my network.
Now back up an running I have hassle with my DSC alarm. Not sure if I have set it up properly or need to change the serial port settings....
I can see all the Zone of the the alarm .. I can use them to create scenes etc. I can use my luup code that I had to poll all zones for Open/Close etc. However I cannot "send instructions" to the alarm ..., eg ARMING it or the scenes I have that can indiviually BYPASS the zones on the Alarm (used if I have a zone that is going off .. I bypass that zone and reset the alarm.  NB ..EnableRemoteArm has been set to "disarm"

?? My Alarm has 32 Zones ... I think I have an extender card that take it from 16 zones to 32  . I have only one PARTION set on the Vera, and that how it used to work. . The alarm device has the same ID# as before , however the PARTION has a different ID# . I do not see any reference I need to change in any code to point to the new Partition #

What should I look at?
Any possibility that the SERIAL cable is the fault here?

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Andrew

Offline parkerc

• Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
Re: DSC Alarm
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:47:13 am »
I cannot "send instructions" to the alarm ..., eg ARMING it or the scenes I have that can indiviually BYPASS the zones on the Alarm (used if I have a zone that is going off .. I bypass that zone and reset the alarm.  NB ..EnableRemoteArm has been set to "disarm"

Just a thought - have you checked that the code/scenes you have which point to the DSC System device/module are still pointing to the correct device/ID ?

Offline aohome

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 12:22:46 pm »
Yes, have checked all pointing to right place.
Thinking I need to ?? reinstall from start .. did it so long ago.. was there anything special that was done ?
Also does the attached pic of SERIAL port setup look ok ?

Very frustrating.. the alarm talks to me , but I can't talk to it!

Thanks
Andrew

Offline parkerc

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
I use the IT-100 but I connect it to a Rasp Pi running ser2net and then point the DSC plugin to the Pi?s IP and the port that the IT-100 is pointed to. (Allow you to place your Vera anywhere)

Offline aohome

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 04:55:39 pm »
?? I am sure there was a field in either the DSC Alarm device or the DSC Partion that you permanently put your pin # in ?
Am I right here?

Offline aohome

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 03:39:04 am »
All this started when I tried to add a USB Hub to the USB PORT ... now it has directed a path  =/dev/ttyUSB0   I don't remember this being there before.
Could it be that the DSC alarm is not able to share the SERIAL port ?
Still able to see the Partition arm on vera device (the status changes) .. when armed by normal keypad .. but I am am not able to do this via the Vera device.. very frustating!!

Offline parkerc

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2018, 08:19:45 pm »
Hi

It sounds like the addition of the hub has messed with your serial configuration - as you will either have a connection or you will not.

You mentioned that you could use your Luup code to poll zones? Please can you paste that code here to see what that does - keep in mind the zones created are not z-wave nodes, but just representations of the zones on your DSC panel.

Not sure what UI version you are running,  it want to share here ui5 instructions here.

http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel/wiki/UI5

Offline aohome

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 10:09:49 am »
I am on u15
 I can use the code I setup to Poll open or closed ZONES ... eventually sends a message to my phone via a PUSHOVER message... this works. However I suspect it is now talking to the the security sensors that are showing up on the system , and showing if tripped or not... That code is quite long winded below .. The code directly below does not activate or talk to the alarm .. this trying to "talk to the panel"

The code sent to BYPASS a ZONE.. (doesn't work anymore)

luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DSCAlarmPanel1",
                 "SendCommand",
                 {Command = "070", Data="*"}, 80)
                 "SendCommand",
                 {Command = "070", Data="1"}, 80)
                 "SendCommand",
                 {Command = "070", Data="1"}, 80)
                 "SendCommand",
                 {Command = "070", Data="0"}, 80)
                 "SendCommand",
                 {Command = "070", Data="#"}, 80)

Code to POLL zones

local Z1 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 81)
local Z2 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 82)
local Z3 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 83)
local Z4 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 84)
local Z5 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 85)
local Z6 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 88)
local Z7 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 100)
local Z8 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 89)
local Z9 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 101)
local Z10 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 90)
local Z11 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 102)
local Z12 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 91)
local Z13 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 103)
local Z14 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 104)
local Z15 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 105)
local Z16 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 92)
local Z17 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 93)
local Z18 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 106)
local Z19 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 107)
local Z20 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 108)
local Z21 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 109)
local Z22 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 110)
local Z23 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 94)
local Z24 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 95)
local Z25 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 96)
local Z26 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 97)
local Z27 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 98)
local Z28 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 99)
local Z29 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 111)
local Z30 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 126)
local Z31 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 122)
local Z32 = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SecuritySensor1", "Tripped", 123)

local msg
local trips = ''

if tonumber(Z1) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "SMS Arm\n"
end
if tonumber(Z2) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Guest Passage\n"
end
if tonumber(Z3) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Passage PIR\n"
end
if tonumber(Z4) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Laundry PIR\n"
end
if tonumber(Z5) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Kitchen VX\n"
end
if tonumber(Z6) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Front Door\n"
end
if tonumber(Z7) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Kitchen PIR\n"
end
if tonumber(Z8) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Remote Arm\n"
end
if tonumber(Z9) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Fountain VX\n"
end
if tonumber(Z10) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Lounge Kitchen\n"
end
if tonumber(Z11) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Lounge PIR\n"
end
if tonumber(Z12) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "TV Study\n"
end
if tonumber(Z13) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Pool VX\n"
end
if tonumber(Z14) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "TV PIR\n"
end
if tonumber(Z15) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Club Road Beam\n"
end
if tonumber(Z16) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Panic Zone\n"
end
if tonumber(Z17) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Stair Window\n"
end
if tonumber(Z18) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Landing PIR\n"
end
if tonumber(Z19) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Front Beam\n"
end
if tonumber(Z20) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Study Beam\n"
end
if tonumber(Z21) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Balcony VX\n"
end
if tonumber(Z22) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Front Wall Beam\n"
end
if tonumber(Z23) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Upstairs Window\n"
end
if tonumber(Z24) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Laundry Garage\n"
end
if tonumber(Z25) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Kate's Room\n"
end
if tonumber(Z26) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Emma's Room\n"
end
if tonumber(Z27) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Main Bedroom\n"
end
if tonumber(Z28) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Ensuite\n"
end
if tonumber(Z29) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "D/Door VX\n"
end
if tonumber(Z30) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Z30 Unknown\n"
end
if tonumber(Z31) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Garage Door\n"
end
if tonumber(Z32) == 1 then
   trips = trips .. "Gate\n"
end

if string.len(trips) > 0 then
   msg ="" .. trips
else
   msg = "No zones are open. "
end

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:IOSPush1", "SendPushOverNotification",{ Title= "Open Zone Status", Message=msg, Priority=1, URL="", URLTitle="", Sound="intermission"}, 121)

Offline aohome

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 10:12:13 am »
I have bought another SERIAL/USB cable ... because that is cheap enough to try.
How do I go about purging the settings on SERIAL port and resetting it again?